Episode 56 "The Cinderella in the Cardboard" Part 1

Start from the beginning

I was with Angie as we make it up to the platform as we see Wendell with a machine as I smile and Angie asks, "Where did this come from?" Wendell answers, "The Egyptology Department." I ask, "They let you borrow it?" "Well, no one was using it." I chuckle as Angie says, "Tell me you're kidding." "No. I left a note." I laugh again as Wendell adds, "Uh, well, Dr. Saroyan won't let me take the victim off the cardboard, and Dr. Brennan's going to kill me if I don't get her complete X-rays, right?" I nod as Angie says, "Wendell, you cannot just take a..." Wendell and I say at the same time, "Fluoroscopy machine." He adds, "I've always wanted to use one, and this is the perfect opportunity." I nod, "Definitely." 

We then hear Cam coming up to us, "I just got a call from Ethan Lawrence in Egyptology. Something about a Post-it note where his fluoroscopy machine used to be." She looks at Wendell as I quickly say, "It seems that I forgot to write my name on it. I must apologize to Dr. Lawrence for making him worried." They look at me as Cam knows that it wasn't true as Wendell then says, "Well, their victims have been dead for thousands of years. There's a very little chance of catching the perpetrators. Figured it was a priority thing, right?" I nod, "I agree. That's why left a quick note behind. I planned to explain things much better with some gifts as an apology for making such drama." Cam sighs, "No, really it's more of a firing and arrest thing. You know this already. Do you really think for one minute I would believe that you...". I just smile at Cam knowing she is talking about taking the blame from others is something I shouldn't be doing. She's using one of her free-bees to at me as Temp does to her.  But Wendell thinks that I was getting close to fired as he interrupts Cam from speaking, "I found something. Looks important. Very important. Would have gone unnoticed without the, uh... fluoroscopy. I'm sorry. Did I interrupt you, Dr. Saroyan?" I chuckle as Angie says, "Oh, he's good." Cam sighs and smiles a bit, "Just show me." He enhances the screen as Cam says, "Something embedded in the anterior superior iliac spine." 

She goes over to the body and starts to pull out a long string as Wendell asks, "What is that?" "A straight pin." Angie nods, "Right. Dead bride wearing a strapless bra, plus a straight pin...? She might have had a bridal gown fitting right before she died." I nod, "That was an amazing find, great job Wendell. I'll call Ranger and he and Temp could head out over to wear she was shopping." Cam then says, "Wait! I am not done talking with you!" I chuckle, "No, need. Lessoned learned, next time write my name on the sticky note before taking anything from another department." I chuckle as Angie laughs a bit as Cam just sighs as Wendell gives me a small smile as I give him a wink before leaving.

After a few hours of making amends with Dr. Lawrence and compensating him with more funds for his department for the little stunt Wendell has done I went back to the lab and worked with Hodgins on finding anything about our victim. I am now walking with Cam and Wendell up on the platform as I say, "Hodgins and I found gravel in her hair, but death by gravel is unlikely." Wendell then says, "Time to get her off the cardboard?" Cam asks, "How? She's basically been absorbed into the substrate. We could cut underneath, but that runs the risk of compromising the bones." Wendell then suggests, "We have to scrape her off." I nod as Hodgins comes over, "Look at this. Tox screen results on the pureed maggots: tequila. The maggots were hammered." Cam adds, "Which means Meriel was, too." "Yeah, but it gets better. The weird glaze on the vic's clothing wasn't extruded fat. It was glycerin." I then speak, "Doesn't Bertolino's uses glycerin to preserve bridal bouquets." The others nod as Cam says, "Looks like Bridezilla might have messed with the wrong old lady." I then speak, "You know, I like the idea of a very simple wedding. Nothing grand." Wendell then asks, "How simple?" "Hmm... Just friends and family... I don't have that much so it wouldn't be that grand of decorations. But I would like to go somewhere for my honeymoon." "Oh, what place do you have in mind?" I think about it for a minute then smile, "I would like to go to Turtle Island in Fiji."