Chapter 56

Chapter 56

The Beau was the same. Dirt lingered in the air but a beautiful scent of salt from the sea drifted over everything. She stood in the mud, letting her shoes become ruined, it was in Hayley's honour, this time.

When the silk was folded over Jackson's head, Hayley poured him, his final drink, and the reality began to set in. 

The flames licked his body, in classic wolf fashion, making him part of the nature that had made him, once again. She was reminded of the fate she no longer had. A fear, she'd never have to worry about ever again. Death was no threat to her. In some strange way, she wanted to ability to die.

Jackson's body fell into the distance and Hayley came over, she pulled the hybrid in for a hug, refusing to let her go.

The whole pack had united on one front. Grief.

Their pain had once again brought them all together and she was supposed to be their leader. Yet somehow, Hayley was always more charismatic of a leader, than she ever was. Her sense of duty was more engrained into her bones.

She had received a birthright, which she had never asked for. A duty to people she respected but never loved the wolves as her father had. Not like Hayley did. Her honour was stronger than it ever could have ever been, for Andrea, after ... everything broke down for her.

~*~

The beautiful scent of red wine, hovered in the air, filling her senses and intoxicating her. Like it had intoxicated so many, before her.

Her eyes caught on a low-burning candle.

The plaque reading Aurora Labonair Griffins.

"You know ..." she slurred, pouring herself another glass of wine, accidentally sloshing it onto the floor. It was a horrific sight, red strewn along the ground. "... you did a shit job, of being a sister" she declared, her voice slurring.

"Promising you'd help me and leaving me in the fucking dirt of California to find my own way" she fell back against the wall, ignoring the dull pain in her head. "I suppose nothing matters, anymore because you - a fucking vampire over your own sister" she cursed, banging her head against the wall, again.

"Honestly, a massacre and you couldn't even look out for your little sister, for even a decade" she whispered, under her breath, dragging herself off the floor. "You and your moralities can fuck themselves" she spat, glaring at the golden slab. "You're not my sister" she cussed, throwing the bottle against the wall.

She watched the red win, drip down the wall, slowly.

There was no real value in family.

They always left her, in the end.

~*~

Cami had turned and she couldn't take the mess that she had become. It reminded her too much, of herself.

She was sat in the living room, Hope rolling around in her arms.

It was the only thing that brought her pure joy.

"You have no right, those dark objects are my family's legacy!" Cami screamed.

"Well, that's funny because I seem to remember my brother Kol, making them, so perhaps they've been my family's legacy all along!" Klaus screamed back.

Hope suddenly burst out crying making her groan. "Come on then" she sighed picking her up. "Let's go remind your dad, they're children in this house" she muttered, under her breath.