Chapter 53

Chapter 53
She's Free

She had a hunch and part of her knew Aurora wanted her to find them. After all, Aurora was jealous. She was the one Aurora really wanted to hurt.

So she went to the only place she could think of. The gym that vampires now trained in, was once a Church. The Church where Cami's uncle had died and her mother ... it was a complex story.

She burst through the doors and there was a hint of blood in the air. She saw Aurora standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by dead men, Cami was lying against the wore of the boxing ring, exhausted and in plenty of a state.

"The one we've been waiting for" Aurora declared. "Well come on, come in" she prompted.

"What is this?" she asked, glaring at her.

"Well, we're having a little exposé here, you see" she explained, with an annoying smile on her face. "Cami's just telling me the story of you and Nik. What was it again?" she asked, pretending to have a miraculous realisation. "Met in Mystic Falls, had some strange drunken sex, you got pregnant and then, boom, miracle baby" she listed off.

She gritted her teeth glancing over at Cami who looked nothing but sorrowful for telling Aurora the story. But she wasn't mad. Not at her. She was pissed that Cami was even there to begin with. It wasn't Camille's fight. It was hers.

She let out a high chuckle. "And then, you managed to convince him to marry you. Saving your adorable little hybrid baby, thing" she said, with an annoying joyous smile.

Her glare didn't move from the red-headed, vampire. "You don't need to run me through my life, I lived it Aurora" she finally snapped. She'd had enough of her interrogations.

"Do you not feel insecure, knowing that Nik was in love with me, first?" she asked her. She was clearly looking for a reaction. "Knowing that you came a thousand years, after me, when he was still grieving the loss of our relationship," she asked. It was a desperate taunt.

"No" she simply replied. She wasn't going to entertain it.

Another high pitch chuckle slipped out, and she shook her head, rapidly. "Not at all?" she asked. "From what I've heard, you're just as bad as him, when it comes to your violent instincts. Does that make you feel more secure, about being the second?" she carried on.

She shook her head again. "You know what, we can have this conversation when you let Cami go" she demanded.

Aurora shook her head. "I like having Cami here, she adds some tension, don't you think?" she suggested.

"Well your not gonna touch her again, so sure" she replied, standing in front of Cami, staring straight at the vampire. "She can stay. Far away from you," she shot back.

"Alright then" Aurora agreed much to is surprise. "Now you know my story, but I still don't understand," she said, a look of confusion on her face. "Why you?" she asked.

She gave her a false smile. "Maybe I just have an appeal, that you could never reach" she shot back. "Or maybe you were just simply, young love and the candle burned out" she replied.

Aurora suddenly sat forwards, glaring at her, with rage. "Or perhaps, he missed me so much, he had to find someone just like me, to make up for it," she said, her voice edged with rage.

A cynical smile spread over her lips. "I don't hate you Aurora, I actually feel sympathy for you," she admitted, drawing a slight look of shock out of her. "You might not see it but your brother doesn't really love for you, anymore -"