Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Toying With The Devil

God did Andrea hate herself.

Katherine had gone after the cure, under the information Andrea had given her. However, she failed to tell her that not only was one original involved but three.

As she sat in yet another bar, drinking away her sorrows she was almost certain she'd be dead by the next morning.

Maybe that's why she stayed in Mystic Falls.

She was ready to die.

She had nothing to live for after all.

Her sister had been murdered, her mother was being tormented from the grave and her father was long dead, after his slaughter. She was the only one left. The isolated witch of a long bloodline, that was long overdue to fall apart. She was finally ready.

She stiffened as someone slid onto the stool next to her. She didn't want to recognise their presence. She was all too aware it could be her death. 

"Get this girl a drink" he declared, his voice husky yet smooth. "She looks like she needs it."

She didn't reply, keeping her eyes fixed down in the bar. If she looked, she might break. The glass was placed down on the bar in front of her but she was still too scared to look up. No matter how prepared she was, death still scared her.

"You look glum" he declared. "Someone broken your heart?"

"No one breaks my heart" she chuckled, grabbing the drink and throwing it back, inviting the burn that ran down her throat, like raw lava from a volcano of gold.

"It would be a shame to" he chucked.

God, she could listen to that all day.

She didn't think, as she looked up at the man. Blonde, golden curls edged around the corners of his face, not to mention, his jaw might have been the most perfectly sculpted thing she'd seen in her lifetime. Only then, did she realise he was smirking at her. which of course, also had to be attractive.

She suddenly realised she was staring. "You would be?" she asked, changing the topic.

A glorious chuckle fell through his lips, "Klaus" he introduced himself.

"Klaus?" she repeated. 

She recognised that name. And something inside her, told her, that it wasn't for a good reason.

"Klaus Mikaelson," he said, smirking at her. "You have to have heard of me, love."

"Course" she muttered.

The big bad hybrid, who killed, slaughtered and massacred anyone he liked. Simply because he could and people knew he would. The big bad wolf, with more blood on his hands than anyone else, could dream of.

"What would the great Klaus Mikaelson be doing in a town like this?" she teased.

"Let's just say, I'm tying up some loose ends" he muttered, grabbing a bottle of whisky and drinking it straight.

"What if I wanted more?" she teased.

He stared at her for a moment and she couldn't help but smile at him. "When did I say you couldn't?" he asked, leaning towards her, she could smell the whisky on his breath and he could properly smell the whisky on her. The two of them were far from their rational minds.

"Hand it over then" she ordered holding her hands out to him.

His finger grazed along the delicate freshly healed skin of her wrist and it took everything inside of her not to flinch. "Don't drink it all" he scolded, that ever so attractive smirk still on his lips.

"Maybe I will" she teased. "Maybe I won't."

She threw her head back, letting the liquorice burn down her throat once more. Except, this time she knew he was watching, she felt his fiery gaze on her more than ever and despite that, her mind was telling her to walk away, she refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing her squirming.

"What are you?" he suddenly asked.

She let the bottle slam against the bar, drawing far more attention than she intended as their eyes connected. "Witch" she simply replied. Her cheeks were burning with the run of alcohol. She may not have been her most rational self but even then she knew she was playing with fire. But gosh did she like a burn.

"Probably the witch who put you in such a bad mood" she let slip from her lips, like the sting of a scorpion as it was concerned by the bite of the snake, wrapped within its coil.

He wasn't playing her game, she was playing his. And she had fallen into his trap with smiles and open arms. 

"Your bold" he gritted out, his teeth grinding against one another. The charismatic man, smirking down at her only moments ago was gone. He was now the Klaus Mikaelson legend had spoken of. "Maybe I should do something about that."

"Go on then" she quipped, back. "See what I care."

His patronising gaze felt like the sun as he stared into her soul examing her. This was it, do or die. He was going to kill her or let her go, maybe even torture her. She couldn't say any of them really seemed like bad options anymore. He exhaled, slowly almost like a predator toying with their prey.

"Get out before I do something we will both regret" he snarled, under his breath.

She didn't waste a second as she bolted for the door, not even looking back for a second.

She had toyed with the devil enough for one day.

If only she knew that very same devil was watching her leave, his eyes fixated on the crescent-shaped birthmark curving over her shoulder.

Klaus Mikaelson had never been a man to waste an opportunity like that ...