Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The First Werewitch

The wind blew around them, the scent of smoke, blowing around in the air, sending out the call of distress to everyone around them. The flickering flames, of the torches, whipped over each other, licking at the salty air. The perfect ring, trapping two inside.

The symbols, tying their souls to magic, forcing them into the realm of the sacred, ancient, magic, of long fallen witches. She sat on the floor, giving her soul to them, moment, by moment. The magic, she had not played with for so long, now run-through her very bones, touching on every nerve, as it ran over her skin.

"Are you sure, about this?" Andrea asked, coating her fingertips in his blood. "Once we do this, you are tied to me."

"Silas won't stop coming for me, and I don't know how long it will be, till he comes for you. You need this magic to protect you Andrea. I'm not backing down" he swore.

"Okay," she muttered, holding a glass out to him.

He bit his wrist, letting his blood flow from his wrist, straight into the glass, his life in her hands.

"Med dette seglet, cum soluta nobis sammen" she chanted, forming a cross on his forehead. "Med dette seglet, cum soluta nobis sammen" she repeated, drawing the cross on her own skin.

She moved into the centre of the circle, feeling the power, seep into her skin, running through every single vein of her body, flowing along her skin, colliding with each muscle in her body. Hitting every single nerve of her magic. "Med dette seglet, cum soluta nobis sammen" she chanted one final time, screaming out as she felt the power run into her, once and for all.

She fell back, onto the ground her head hitting the floor, her mind raced with power, her thoughts swirling within. "It's done" she muttered. "Were tied."

~*~

She poured herself a glass of wine, and another for Klaus, holding it out to him, as she smiled down at him. "Drink?" she asked.

"I need one" he chuckled, taking is, the alcohol running down his throat, smooth as blood.

"Do you feel okay after ..."

"After selling my soul to you?" he chuckled.

"That's one way of putting it" she laughed, a mall smile on her lips, as they grazed around the rim of the glass.

"You know, when I first met you, I could feel ... I could feel the wolf in you. I just didn't believe it was possible" he defined.

"It's unfair, don't you think?" she asked, sitting down next to him, on the luxurious sofa. "The fact is we're both burdened with the flaws of our families- even species pasts."

"The war between werewolves and witches" he muttered.

"Exactly" she confirmed, smiling at him. "You were a werewitch before you were a hybrid you know that right?"

"I never ... became a witch" he stated, pouring himself another glass of wine.

"Doesn't matter" she shrugged. "Your mother was a witch, she created vampires and your father was a werewolf, so even though your magic may have been compressed you were a werewitch. The first of our kind. Maybe one day, we will be the creatures to make peace" she smiled.

"Or were be the creatures to destroy it" he husked. "I'm the big bad wolf and your the terrifying werewitch who acts irrationally."

She tilted her head to the side, looking over the hybrid. "Have you ever wanted to be good?" she asked. "I mean, truly good. Someone people will tell their children, stories and dreams about. The hero in the night"

"Being good doesn't make you powerful" he declared.

"Doesn't it?" she shrugged. "I don't know Klaus. You and we're the same in some ways. We manipulate ... we fight for power because at the end of the day we know that were alone. That everyone around us sees us as abominations. The hell sent creatures, born to destroy the natural order" she stated. "That's what we are, isn't it?"

"Is that what you think you are?" Klaus retorted.

"I think I'm one break away from going mad" she muttered.

"Oh, little werewitch" he murmured. "Your not a monster. The world is just trying to make you one."

She smiled taking a sip of her drink.

"You're a very entertaining monster though" he teased.

She laughed at him, leaning her head on the back of the sofa. Slowly, she let her head fall onto his shoulder. The silence that engulfed the two was beautifully peaceful.

Klaus had never felt so comfortable with someone in over a thousand years. As she laid on his shoulder, he could feel her chest rising and falling and as he listed to her breathing it was gentle and calmer than he had ever heard, anyone in his presence.

She felt safe. Comfortable. Protected within his hold, with the hybrids arms wrapped around her. He could pinpoint the very moment she fell asleep, and yet he had slowly carried her into his bed, once again.

He watched her chest rise and fall and only then did he realise despite her fears of being a monster she was the most peaceful devil, he had ever seen. She was the calmest creature on earth, and yet one of the most powerful.

Her potential was endless, she was endlessly powerful. The only question he had left, was how far could that power truly stretch. And how far, would she let it run in the name of him ...

He was falling more, and more for her, by the day.

Apologies for the late update, but it's here now xx