CHAPTER 9: DREAM BIG TO GO BIG

Start from the beginning

As she checked every pastries initial process, she continued with the final staging. That's the crucial part of it.

When customers buying, it must be look presentable. It will make them satisfy woth their product.

"Watch it Jeff! You're going to ruin the taste if you add that much of frosting on that cake" Sydney warned him.

"Got it boss" he said playfully.

"Syd, croissants are ready" Yona said out loud as she begin to pullout the tray from the oven until Sydney stopped her.

"Let it stay on warm for three minutes. It will make outside skin crisp."

"Counter to kitchen. SUNRISE, E.T.A THIRTY MINUTES. OVER ......."

A deep gruffy voice yelled out from the spaeker that fixed at the top of the wall in the kitchen.

Both them chuckle as Sydney clap her hands.

"Double time guys!"

A bowl filled with batter accidentally slipped off from Gable's hands and it pours on Megan's shoes.

"What the hell Gabel?!" Megan snapped at him.

He scratch his hand on the back of his beck, "Sorry Megan. I didn't do it on purpose."

She sneer, "Of course you don't because YOUR HANDS ARE SLIPPERY, DICKWAD!"

He groan, "Unlike you, I don't put too much sugar and send off our customers with diabetes you jerk!"

She gasp in horror and throw a spatula of chocolate batter aiming at his face. And it hits.

"What the hell! You're going to pay for this one" he curse and take bowl of raspberry batter.

"ENOUGH BOTH OF YOU!" Sydney shoutout loud.

Everyone in the kitchen stops whatever they're doing and turn into complete silence. They all stare at her in shock that made her flush in embarrassment.

She clear my throat, "Guys we have to work together. Without a proper flow of communication there is no winning."

"Counter to Kitchen! Sunrise E.T.A TWENTY MINUTES!!!..........."

Sydney roll my eyes. He's still think this is a military base.

"Today we have to satisy our customers. We make sure they empty out our pastries, cakes, doughnuts, buns, breads and everything that we're doing right now"

"You're right Syd" Yona said and other nod theri heads as well.

"What you're all waiting for then. TO YOUR BATTLESTATION!!!.........

Others roar out and get back to their work with full force and energy. Preparing for another glorious day.

♡~~~~~♤~~~~~♡

SYDNEY P.O.V

"Sydney, as always you amazed me everytime. Your baking skils are quite exceptional"

Mr Jacob happily praised me while counting the money from the cash register machine.

I chuckle, serving him a cup of coffee and a slice if baked apple pie on his table.

"Its just one of my talent I suppose"

He gave me knowing look. I don't like to show off but when talking with him, I just wanted to.

"Fine. I just want to enhance my skill"

Ever since I was five, I loved baking. It's not a hobby but an inspiration from someone I loved.

Soon, it changed into an obsession until I intend to become a professional baking chef.

"After you get your degree, I can hire you permanently here. You could be the main head."

I shook my head in dismissal. "Thank for the offer Mr Jacob but I'm going to reject it."

He gasp feel unpleasant. "Are you looking down on ROAST & TOAST."

Yup. 'ROAST & TOAST' is his shop name that I'm working here as a part timer.

My eyes widen and shakes my head, "Of course not Mr Jacob! It's just that ........"

"She want to win the Master Patissier this year"

Megan interrupts their conversation as she came out from the kitchen.

He glance at her and then me. A glimpse of shock flash on both of his eyes.

"You mean the biggest baking competition that's going to be held at Paris."

I nod my head. His jaw dropped and soon burst into laugh.

"Are you kidding me girl? Do you have any idea what you're saying right now"

I didn’t say anything as he continued.

"That cometition is not simple as you think. Every professional baker around the world will participate. Nobody couldn't even know how much years of experience they might possibly have"

I shrug, "I could care less about it"

My answer triggered him as he groan, pointing his finger at me.

"Then, tell me girl. What makes you think you could win that title?"

"I have a strong courage Mr Jacob. Everyday, I keep pushing myself to improve. Trying new recipes, figuring alternative techniques and even creating my own innovative ideas."

"Little girl, those are not just enough for you to achieve the aim of yours. It may help you to get into the qualifying round. But winning that competition is out of your league. "

What he said makes other people make sense. However, for me he's just degrading my skills.

"I will get qualify and I'm damn sure, I will win it" I said in confident.

He shut his mouth when seeeing my determinatin. 

He sigh his shoulders, "Girl, I'm saying this through my experience. Sometimes getting overconfident makes a person eventually fail."

I scoff, "I'm not overconfident Mr Jacob"

He look at me in disbelief. "Not overconfident. You're just dreaming  something big that you can't get it.

"Sometimes, you have to dream big to go big"

"That's my girl" Megan supported me. I gave her smile over her genuine.

Not everyone has a kind heart like her.
When I told my idea in participating in that competition, Megan was one of the person who didn't look down on me. Instead, she feel prouded.

"What do you say Mr Jacob? Is she able to win?" Megan asked him.

He think about it a while and a small smile tug on his lips.

"If Syd think she could win it, then I can wish you a good luck."