035

winter : your existence is a gift

It was a cold snowy night, lights hanging around the streets. It's Christmas, everyone is having fun, reuniting with family from afar, and of course, resting after months of work.

Many people were still on the street, taking pictures, enjoying the snow, and more. As for this man, he decided to go to his lover's house.

A tall figure was walking down the street, holding a box. Inside the box is a cake, beautifully designed.

On his other hand, is a bouquet of flowers.

"He will like this for sure." Says he, smiling along the way.

While waiting for his dear lover, Taehyun decided to decorate Kai's house; the house that brought them closer to each other.

"Ah, good thing my mom allowed me to celebrate Christmas with Kai." Says Taehyun, smiling as he puts the christmas wreath.

Just as Taehyun placed the last decoration, he heard someone knock the door.

"Coming!" Taehyun shouts, running towards the door. As he expected, it was none other than Kai, smiling.

"Hello love." Kai greets, handing him a bouquet. The elder gladly took the bouquet, then planted a quick peck on Kai's cheek.

"I've prepared food, come on, let's eat,"Taehyun pulled Kai to the dinning table. To his surprise, there were a lot food just for the two of them.

The two of the sat beside each other, both eating quietly. It wasn't bizarre for them to eat like this, they just enjoy food, bonus points if they're together.

After doing the dishes, Kai played a music, a music that him, and Taehyun enjoys.

The younger was quick to turn off the light, then walked towards the elder.

"Still not getting bored of this?" Taehyun giggles, standing up from the couch. Kai just gave him a smile, offering his hand.

As Taehyun accepted his hand, the younger gently placed his hand at the elder's waist.

The two of them started dancing along with the music's speed. Dancing lovely, moon shining at them.

When the music was about to end, Kai connected their foreheads together, both hands on the waist.

While Taehyun's hands are both behind Kai's nape.

"Words can't describe how much I love you." Kai whispers between them.

Taehyun smiled, kissing Kai's forehead.

"I love you." Taehyun uttered, placing kisses on Kai's cheek. The younger chuckled at the elder, then kissing him as well.

"What? You bought a gift? I thought the bouquet was already the gift?!" Taehyun asked, shocked. Kai looked at him, "what do you mean!?" The younger replies, feeling offended.

Taehyun sighed, he don't mind Kai giving him gifts, but he's been like this for a month now. He doesn't want his boyfriend to go broke.

"I mean, it's fine if you buy me gifts, but aren't you afraid you're going broke?" Taehyun asked, making Kai laugh.

"These gifts will evolve once I become a pilot, you'll see!" Kai beamed, earning a chuckle from Taehyun.

Seeing Kai happy, and not worrying about anything makes his heart full. For the past months, Kai's worry seem to increase. About his father, the schoolworks, and so on.

It's been 16 months since they were together, but the elder doesn't seem to change on Kai's point of view. He's still the same kind, gentle, and loving Taehyun he knew.

"Well, here's my gift!" Kai handing him a large box, wrapped in a red wrapper.

"Here's mine, I hope you'll like it, love," Taehyun gave his gift as well, wrapped in a pink wrapper.

Kai's gift is an iPad, which surprised the elder. While Taehyun's gift for him was a penguin, and a bunny plushie.

"These are so cute, love." Kai cooed, hugging them tightly.

"Love.." the elder's eyes became watery, which scared the younger.

Kai swiftly sat beside the elder, side hugging him.

"Why?" Kai questioned, worry rushing through him. Did Taehyun hates his gift?

"... thank you..." Taehyun responded.

The response made Kai's worry to wash away. He smiled at the elder, then kissed his lover's shoulder.

"You're already a gift to me, love. And I want you to be happy." Kai utters, hugging Taehyun tightly.

Taehyun turned at him, hugging him back. He let his tears fall. He is happy, he is happy that despite all the hardships, he never doubted Kai's love for him. And that is something he is proud of.

"My love, why are you crying?" Kai asked, frowning. Taehyun shakes his head, then wiped his tears.

"I love you so much, that's all." Taehyun replied, still has his head buried on the younger's neck.

Kai held him closer.

Although they had clothes on, both of them could feel each other's warmth.

"If the world turn its back at you, I will choose your side."

"Even if you push me away, I will always be here."