034

the moon, the stars, and him

"Where is he?" Kai scoffed, he's been waiting for an hour. He already told Taehyun to come at their house after classes, but the elder decided to walk with his friends.

Kai sighed, he plopped onto his bed, staring at his ceiling.

"Ah, am I a bad partner?" Kai thought about himself, and what he feels.

"Am I toxic? Why am I feeling like this? I should know that his time isn't always mine." Kai added, knitting his eyebrows as if he's mad at his ceiling. The latter chuckled, thinking that he shouldn't worry much about Taehyun.

After an hour, and so, Kai's phone ringed. The younger swiftly grabbed his phone, hoping that it's Taehyun calling him.

And his hopes weren't broken, it was Taehyun.

"Hueningie? Meet me at the park, by the purple tree." Taehyun, from the other line says. Kai was puzzled, but instead of asking him, he said yes, and there Taehyun turned off the phone call.

Kai was bit scared by Taehyun's tone, it was serious, and gloomy.

Negative thoughts came into his mind, his heart started racing as he thought of the other possibility that might happen.

"Calm down, Kai. Calm down."

Kai soothes, as he find himself in a broken state. He was visibly sweating, and his hands were already shaking. He hates this feeling.

"Please, please, not be break up or anything. Anything else aside from breaking up."

He chanted in his mind while sliding into his converse. Kai tried calming down, but instead, he panicked more.

As he reach downstairs, he walked in circles before leaving the house.

"Alright, purple tree. Calm down, Kai."

Kai tells himself as he walks towards the purple tree's direction.

Calm down
.
.
Calm down
.
.
Calm down
.
.
Calm—

"Happy Anniversary, love!" Taehyun greets, running towards panicking Kai.

Kai's worries, negative thoughts, all of them washed away as he saw the preparations behind Taehyun.

Taehyun smiled at him, "I'm sorry for scaring you thru call." The elder apologized, handing a bouquet.

The younger chuckled, he accepted the bouquet, then pulled Taehyun by his waist.

"You scared me." Kai whispers, leaning at the elder's shoulder. Taehyun giggled, uttering 'sorry' multiple times at the younger's head.

"I love you." Kai whispers, kissing Taehyun's neck.

"I love you more." Taehyun replied, while kissing the younger's hair.

"Why were your tone like that!?" Kai asks frankly, making Taehyun laugh.

The two decided to sit at the picnic blanket, some lights around them, then foods in the basket.

"I'm sorry, love. I don't want to sound so excited." Taehyun sheepishly replies, earning a nod from Kai.

"I didn't actually hanged out with my friends. As we parted ways, I immediately went to this place." Taehyun informed, ringing a bell something at Kai's mind.

Kai jolted from Taehyun's thighs.

"I remember, I prepared a stargazing spot in our balcony!" Kai exclaimed, making Taehyun's eye widened.

Before Taehyun could react, Kai's phone ringed.

"I thought I silenced my phone?" The younger stated, confused. Nonetheless, he answered the call.

"Hey Kai! We'll gonna buy a replacement for the cupcakes here. Yeonjun-hyung ate everything!" Beomgyu states, his voice bit loud. It seems that he's panicking as well.

Taehyun, and Kai looked at each other, completely confused. Kai wasn't mad, his concern was why Beomgyu's voice like that?

"Yeonjun-hyung is crying again—"

"Oh Soobin, Soobin my love, please comeback to me, I can't live without you—"

"I'll just buy new sweets tomorrw, Kai!" Beomgyu turns off the phone.

Funny as Yeonjun sounds, but the elder seemed to miss Soobin everyday. This made Beomgyu, and Kai alert, not to let Yeonjun drink.

Taehyun sighed, "I feel bad for hyung." The elder lamented, Kai patting his back.

"He's fine. It's normal. Him, and Soobin-hyung had been together before starting high school. That's why he is torn." Kai shares, making Taehyun's eye widened once again.

Maybe mother Choi is right, Kai knows everything what happens inside the Choi mansion.

"I thought they just meet mid high school!?" Taehyun shocked, answered. The younger just giggled.

"No, they kept it of course. You know how strict mom, and dad is." Kai replies, pulling Taehyun close to him.

After chatting about their lives, and dream careers, Kai, and Taehyun decided to eat some foods that Taehyun made.

"These are delicious, love." Kai says, making Taehyun smile, a smile that makes his heart flutter.

The two sat in silence, both looking at the stars, and moon. Moon, and stars may be pretty, but there is a place that Kai really wants to visit.

"Hey, I wanna go to a beach soon." Kai suddenly stated, Taehyun nodded.

"Vacation. Let's go there, let's go everywhere you want." Taehyun gently replied, placing a peck Kai's cheek.

As Taehyun was about to part away, Kai grabbed his nape, pulling him into a kiss.

-
a/n : sorry for not updating, school has started T^T!! Anyways, last chapters is coming up~~