023

meeting parents : choi

Warning : homophobia, vulgar words, abuse

It was Sunday morning when Kai and Taehyun decided to walk at the park.

"I haven't slept that much." Kai spoke, sitting at the bench. Taehyun nodded as an acknowledgment. "Insomniac?" Asked Taehyun, not coming off rudely. The younger nodded as a reply.

Taehyun thought for a while, "what time do you sleep usually?" He asked, looking at his lover while holding a tumbler. "The most late sleep was 5:35am. I was breaking down that time." Kai replied with all honesty. Taehyun just nodded.

The elder stood up, then faced the younger.

"Whenever you're breaking down or having negative thoughts, don't hesitate to call me! But, don't force yourself to call me. If you want to be alone, be alone, if you want a company, I'm here." Taehyun adviced, smiling brightly at Kai. The younger smiled back, his hands reaching for Taehyun's hands.

Kai grabbed the tumbler and placed it beside him. Then, he grabbed Taehyun's hand and interwoven with him.

Taehyun snatched the tumbler from the bench, then smiled.

"Let's go home?" Asked Taehyun, Kai nodded as a reply.

As they reached Kai's home, the two forcefully removed their hands from each other's grasp.

Entering the house, there was mother Choi and father Choi, standing. It looks like they are waiting for someone.

"So, is this the said boyfriend?" Mother Choi questioned, walking in front of Taehyun. She looked from Taehyun's tip of hair to his toes.

Father Choi seemed to be mad at the scenario, Kai could feel his father's stare from the door.

"I do like this guy, I heard he's smart and active in school presentations. But, I do not approve such relationship." Mother Choi stated, her voice in monotone. She looked at Taehyun and Kai with a disgusted face.

"An enemy is an enemy, Kai. He is your rival in academics, why decide to be with him?" Father Choi suddenly voiced, eyes focused on Kai.

Taehyun had prepared himself, he knew how harsh these two can be. On the other hand, Kai had his hand shaking, his eyes glistening in tears.

"I'm fine hearing those words, but I don't want Taehyun to hate me."

The younger thought, glancing at Taehyun who is sternly having an eye contest with mother Choi.

"Maybe you're a gold digger?" Mother Choi interjected, Taehyun still didn't budge. He doesn't want to speak badly.

"He is not. All those things, I bought those for him." Kai replied, trying not to stutter, and eventually he did not. Taehyun looked at him.

"This is not the right time, Hueningie."

Taehyun looked at him, but then he glanced back at the lady staring into his soul.