001

when the bloomed flower is neglected

Huening Kai woke up at such loud noise. It was Yeonjun and Beomgyu bickering early in the morning. It was exactly 4am in the morning when the two was being too loud.

The young man reluctantly stood up from his bed and went straight to the bathroom.

"What a great start."

Huening Kai said to himself as he was putting a toothpaste on his brush.

After brushing his teeth, he went to shower and took a bath. It is the only way to boost himself.

"How many hours did I slept? 2 hours? That's good I guess."

He thought, adjusting his vest. Wearing his uniform, he went downstairs holding his black back pack. It was already 4:30am when he finsihed dressing himself.

"Morning Ningning!" Yeonjun greeted, widely smiling at him. Huening Kai just bowed his head and sat beside Beomgyu at the dining table.

"Learn how to greet back, Kai. This isn't what I taught you." Mother Choi spoke sternly, which made Huening Kai's hand colder. His mother is scary and strict.

"G-go-good morning..." Huening Kai stuttered, his eyes focused on his lap. His lips were quivering and his eyes were watery. Mother Choi didn't bother looking at him and continued on eating.

Yeonjun silently sat beside his mother and looked at Huening Kai with an apologetic look, but the other was busy eating.

"Huening Kai, get my car keys. They are upstairs." Father Choi commanded, his eyes are on his phone. "I'll be late.. at school..." he trailed off, his father looking at him angrily. "Just go get it! You lazy kid!" Father Choi yelled, causing him to panic. Loud sounds or yelling is no good for him.

As he handed his father's keys. He dashed for him not to meet his father's eyes. Huening Kai could feel his father's anger as he sprinted past him.

Yeonjun, Huening Kai and Beomgyu had reached the university. It was already 7:10am when they arrived. Their home is an hour travel from the university they are attending.

"So, let's separate ways here, as always." Beomgyu informed, him, Yeonjun and Huening Kai standing by the gate. There were a lot of student arriving at the university at that time.

"Alright, try studying well you two," Yeonjun smiled, patting his brothers' head. "Of course, I always try that but ended up not doing it," Beomgyu frowned, earning a laugh from Yeonjun and a giggle from Huening Kai. Huening Kai just nodded at Yeonjun and went inside first.

Walking down the hallway, Huening Kai started to contemplate. His thoughts were full of his father and mother's voices. He doesn't want to go home, he doesn't want to meet his parents.

While on his way, Huening Kai's hand were sweating and he was trembling in fear. It wasn't new to him, on some days he would pass out before arriving at their classroom.

"School's over in 9 hours. I can do this. I hope there aren't a lot of student this time..."

He sighed and went inside the room. Fortunately, there's five students in the room. Even though he don't socialize, he knows all of his classmates' name.

"Taehyun-hyung, Yeosang-hyung, Soobin-hyung, Heesung and Haruto."

He indentified them and went to his respective seat. Huening Kai grabbed his book, placing them over his table to study.

"Basic Calculus.. Practical Research.. what's the other quiz?" Huening Kai muttered to himself, he was panicking. He hastily searched his bag, searching in each corner where to find his notes.

"Have you studies for General Mathematics?" He heard his classmate, Yeosang asked Taehyun. As his ears picked up the sound, he organized his things and grabbed his other notes.

Kang Taehyun. He is one of the most intelligent student in the university. He had been in different contest, and conquered different universities. Many had mistaken him for being an average student due to his "lowkey, and mysterious" vibe.

"Yeah, I already studied last night." Taehyun replied, placing his pen and correction tape above his table. Yeosang just nodded and went back to his seat.

"Hey Taeh, can I borrow your general mathematics notes?" Soobin requested, standing beside Taehyun's table. Taehyun nodded as a response and gave him his notes. "Thanks! I'll return it later!" Soobin voiced, smiling.

As time passes, a lot of students entered inside their room. Huening Kai's heart started beating loudly, his hands had gone cold. It's the same things that happens to him. He hates it.

"Good morning. As I told you yesterday, we are having quiz." Mr. Jeon announced, and there the whispering started.

"He entered 14 minutes late. It's already 8:34am. The quiz is supposed to start at 8:20am."

Huening Kai thought fidgeting with his pen. He impatiently waited for the test papers to be handed at them.

"Flip. I hope you all studied well. I'll be going at the Dean's office to sort things out, I'll be right back." Said the teacher, leaving the room right away.

The students were shocked as they flipped the test papers. The topic they studied weren't there, all of them are the topics that they will study the next day.

"What the fuck is this!?"

"Did we study this?"

"What.. I didn't studied this last night..."

Huening Kai sighed, everyone seemed to be confused even Taehyun himself is confused.

"Here goes Mr. Jeon again, giving these kind of quizzes."

Kai wanted to help others but he was scared to talk and be the center of attention. Instead of minding the other's muttering and rants, he plugged his earphones and listened to music while answering the questions.

"The questions were quite easy, or I just did an advance study?"

Kai asked himself and giggled softly, he took off his earphones and kept them inside his pocket.

"Ah, what to put in here.. I don't know every one of them!" Taehyun groaned, his hands on his face. He was visibly struggling by the given ideas. They were having quiz in General Mathematics which made it harder.

Before Taehyun could answer the numbers 38 to 50, Mr. Jeon had returned.

-
a/n : what are your thoughts abt this ff? Hehrhrhrhdhrhehe :)