022

meeting parents : kang

WARNING : mentions of death and suicide.

It's been a week since Taehyun and Kai started dating, there wasn't much problem since they always have each other's back whenever needed.

Saturday morning, Kai decided to come over at Taehyun's house. It's an usual routine for him every Saturday and Sunday.

"Love," Taehyun called, which made Kai's ears perked up. The elder's face turned red as he realized what he said.

"Yes, love?" Kai replied, scooting closer to Taehyun who is beet red. The younger giggled at the elder's reaction. Kai opened his arms, in which Taehyun immediately jumped in.

"Do you want to tell them?" Taehyun asked, pointing at door. Kai thought for a bit, Taehyun's family isn't bad as he thinks.

Kai nodded, smiled, and pinched Taehyun's cheeks. The elder smiled at him. Taehyun connected their lips together, deeply.

"So, what is the reason you called us for?" Daniel questioned, his arms crossing. Yeosang and mother Kang, sitting beside each other, looking at the two.

Taehyun's heart started racing like crazy, hands clenching. Kai fixated his focus at him, then silently held Taehyun's waist for support.

"Ma, my boyfriend, Kai." Taehyun introduced, earning a gasp from mother Kang. Daniel and Yeosang smiled, Yeosang silently clapping.

"I'm so happy right now! Be happy, my children!" Mother Kang exclaimed, pulling Taehyun and Kai into a tight warm hug. Taehyun's family already knew that he's gay, and his mother's reaction was kind as always.

"Stay strong you two." Daniel stated, looking at the two lovingly.

"Does our friends knows?" Yeosang asked, curiously. Kai's heart started racing, his mind immediately going blank as Yeosang mentioned friends.

"Mom.. Dad... shit.."

He thought, gulping. Kai tried to shake off the negative thoughts, he should be happy right now since Taehyun's family accepted the two of them.

Taehyun noticed this behavior, "I know what you are thinking. Let's speak about it upstairs, okay?" The elder consoled, placing a quick peck at Kai's forehead.

"You two are sweet. I'm jealous." Daniel jokingly spoke, making Kai and Taehyun giggle.

After telling Taehyun's family, the two went upstairs.

Kai plopped down on Taehyun's bed, Taehyun sitting beside him.

"Love, come here," Taehyun called, which made Kai move. The elder shifted his position to the bed, he rested his back at the head board. While the younger, laid down at elder's chest, arms locked around Taehyun's waist.

"I'm scared, I'm scared of my parents." Kai lamented, the tears in his eyes glistening. Taehyun started caressing his hair softly.

"No matter what happens, I'll stay by your side. How much words will hurt, I don't care. I love you." Taehyun assured, placing pecks at Kai's head, forehead, nose, cheeks, temple and lips.

The younger didn't budge, he smiled at his lover. "I love you too, I'll stay with you too." Said he, tears slowly falling down his cheeks.

Taehyun gave him an assuring smile, he wiped Kai's tears by his thumb.

The elder continued to caress the younger's hair until he drifted into a sleep.

Hours passed by, Taehyun woke up with sleeping Kai on his chest. The elder had also fell asleep.

"Kai! Taehyun! Lunch time!" Mother Kang called. Taehyun slightly shake Kai to wake him up.

"Hueningie, wake up, it's lunch time." Taehyun spoke gently, he again shakes the younger but faster this time.

Kai fluttered his eyes open, seeing Taehyun close to his face. The younger gave him a quick smile, then stole a kiss from Taehyun's lips. The two giggled, then stood up from the bed.

After eating, Kai and Taehyun insisted to do the dishes, and clean the living room.

"I like your house. Ours is too big." Kai complained, which made Taehyun giggle who is washing the plates.

"But before living with the Choi, I know what our old house looks like." Kai added, smiling at a small piece of memory.

Taehyun looked at him, wiping his hand dry at the apron he was wearing.

Kai smiled, "after all those years, I can still remember my real mom and dad's face. Sadly, I already forgot their voices." He shared, sadness in his eyes fill up.

Taehyun nodded, also sharing the same expression.

"My mom and dad would always take me out. Go shopping, play at parks. I wasn't like this before, I wasn't labeled as a depressed child." Kai continued, placing the couch pillows in right position.

Taehyun frowned, Kai had never shared this much. He didn't knew that he had a very happy life before.

"They died, sadly. It was supposed to be a vacation in the other country, it just happened that the ship we are in, sunk." The younger explained, Taehyun's eyes widening at such story. He didn't knew that Kai was with them when they died.

"After my foster parents' torture, I just wished I drowned that time," Kai giggled, "No, actually, I wished I just drowned, I thought that there were no more reasons to live," He shakes his head, smiling at Taehyun.

The elder didn't speak, the story was quite hard for him to sink in. Given that he has a very loving family, and an accepting family.

"I always thought of killing myself, or dying. But, after I met you, I decided to live as long as you are." He gently spoke, sitting on the couch.

Taehyun's tears were already at his eyes, just waiting to fall down. The elder dashed towards the younger, engulfing him into a tight hug, apron still wearing.

"If you ever feel sad, always call me, okay? I'm always here for you," Taehyun cried, hugging Kai tightly.

"And always remember, I love you." Taehyun added, cupping Kai's both cheeks.

Kai giggled, "I love you too." He responded, Taehyun frowning. The younger held onto Taehyun's waist, showering Taehyun's face with kisses.

"Don't cry, I'm okay, I'm still here." Kai consoled him, drawing circles at the elder's back.

a/n : next chapter would be meeting kai's foster parents, how do you think they'll react? hehe :)