024

it isn't over yet.

"Remember what we've talked about Kai. Once you met that lowlife again, he'll fail shortly." Mother Choi threatened, eyes sharp looking at Kai. The younger didn't looked her at the eyes.

Mother Choi went upstairs after talking to Kai, the younger was left, hopeless. If it weren't for his carelessness, it won't come to this.

"Fuck them all, I just want him."

He cried inside his thoughts, fists clenching in anger. The resentment he feels towards his parents are immeasurable, everything they did, and what they did just now.

Kai sighed, he grabbed his bag and went to Yeonjun's car.

"Kai, we're sorry. We can't do anything." Beomgyu spoke, frowning. Kai smiled at him, "it's okay, you don't need to do anything." He replied, then averted his gaze at the car window.

He knew Beomgyu, he's very concerned to anyone in the house, although he was treated like shit by their parents.

"Don't worry Kai, we will try to help you." Yeonjun suddenly voiced, eyes not leaving the road. The younger shakes his head as a refusal.

"You don't deserve to be involved with my issues. Mom and dad has treated us like shits, don't risk it." Kai retorted, not sparing Yeonjun and Beomgyu a look. Beomgyu sighed, and Yeonjun nodded.

"What will you do then?" Asked Beomgyu out of nowhere. Kai chuckled dryly, "avoid him. I'll explain him everything soon. I don't want him to fail, he has future ahead of him." He answered, earning a nod from Beomgyu and Yeonjun.

After a short ride, Kai, Beomgyu, and Yeonjun separated ways at the main gate.

Kai immediately walked towards the library's direction, pulling out his phone.

hyunie<3

meet me at out secret place in the library.
sent 7:30am

i'm already here.
sent 7:30am

Kai turned off his phone, dashing through the hallways. He wanted not to be noticed by the teachers, he knew that the teachers is his mother's allies.

Taehyun was entering the main gate when he received Kai's message.

hueningie<3

meet me at our secret place in the library.
sent 7:30am

i'm already here.
sent 7:30am

Taehyun nodded, turning off his phone. He silently walked towards the library's direction, pretending that he's in need to read or borrow books.

Luckily, there's no one yet in the library. It was pure silence. The latter went behind at the farthest shelf from the entrance, he knocked three times at the shelf.

And there, a specific guy opened the shelf for him.

Kai pulled the elder beside him, then shut the shelves close.

"Hyunie, look, I'll get straight to the point. My mother and father will make you fail if we meet up." Kai started, which made Taehyun surprised.

As Taehyun was about to speak, Kai shushed him using his finger.

"It's better if we minimize talking inside the university. My parents are shareholders of this university, and they'll do anything just to end everything between us." Kai added, frowned. Taehyun looked at him, he held Kai's hand, then smiled at him.

"Hyunie, after this, after our studies, when I'm independent enough.. I'll leave there." Kai's eyes were glistening with tears, "I can't afford them to control my life again." He continued, holding Taehyun's hand tightly.

"Please stay." He pleaded, tears already rolling his cheeks. Kai can't do anything, his parents' power in their university is too strong, they're too powerful.

"I won't go anywhere. I'm always here, okay?" Taehyun assured, pulling Kai closer to him. The two of them sat at the red mat, then Kai rested his head at Taehyun's shoulder.

"Wipe your tears, love. I'm here, I won't leave you, no matter what happens." He added, caressing Kai's hand.

A minute, or three, the two of them decided to leave the library, separately.

While walking in the hallway, the two kept a safe distance between them. No looking at each other, just walking ahead to reach their room.

As they reach the room, Kai and Taehyun sat quietly, not even sparing a glance at each other.

Soobin, on his seat find the two of them unusual.

"Hey Taehyun, what's wrong with you and Kai? Did you fight?" Soobin questioned, which made Taehyun giggle.

"We're good." Taehyun replied, getting his notebook, book, and pencil case. Soobin just nodded, even though he doesn't buy this reply.