021

knowing and meeting new friends!

New Year is over, every student had either celebrated well or did finished their remaining works. It's quite unusual that their university and the other university around them finishes early, unlike the other country.

For instance, they finish before March, and will start at July. They have long breaks too, and has the permission to connect at the school's internet.

Of course, the students didn't go there for the privileges, they went there because it's popular, the teachers are good, or there are handsome and pretty students.

"School again, it's tiring."
"Ugh, me and my boyfriend broke up."
"Me and my girlfriend too.. it hurts.."
"School's gonna end soon, stop complaining."

Those are some conversations that Kai had heard while passing down the hallway. It's quite engraved that the hallways is the center of gossips.

"Breaking up is like a tradition before the school ends."

Kai thought to himself, giggling as he entered his room. There he spotted Taehyun, sitting at his chair.

"Hueningie!" The elder beamed, putting Kai's bag at the chair, and his books at his table.

Kai smiled at such action, he sat at his chair, Taehyun leaning while his elbows are above Kai's table.

Him and Taehyun are just staring at each other, smiling. The other students seemed not to notice them since they were busy gossiping about something.

"By the way, Beomgyu-hyung and Soobin-hyung wants us to meet their new friends! They are from different strands tho." Taehyun informed, still leaning at the table but looking at the window.

"My boyfriend is so pretty."

The younger said through his mind. He smiled, looking at Taehyun, and listening to Taehyun attentively.

"Say, you wanna go with them at lunch, or we will separate from them?" Asked Taehyun, now looking at Kai. Their eyes locked for seconds, which made Taehyun smile.

"W-we can.. I don't mind.." Kai replied, almost stuttering. Although he doesn't like being with many people, he agreed.

This isn't just for Taehyun's good, he also wanted to conquer his fears for him. He wanted to be strong.

"Alright then! We will meet them at lunch." Taehyun beamed, giving Kai a quick kiss at his head. The elder dashed away from the younger, then giggled at him.

"Ah, I want to hug him."

Kai thought, smiling back while shaking his head. He never knew that he'll smile this much today.

"Lunch time, let's go!" One student joyed, running through the classroom door. Taehyun and Kai stood up from their chairs and fixed their things.

The two walked on each other sides without speaking, it was a very comfortable walk.

As they reached the cafeteria, Soobin, Beomgyu, Yeosang and the unnamed students are already sitting by the corner of the cafeteria.

"Are you sure about this? We can still back out if you don't want to." Taehyun asked, giving Kai an assuring smile. Kai smiled at him, "I'm sure." He replied, holding onto Taehyun's hand.

The elder smiled at the action, he held tighter then walked to Soobin's table.

"Hey guys, I already ordered some food for you." Soobin spoke, pointing towards the two trays. Taehyun and Kai smiled at him, the two sat beside Yeosang who is silently eating chickens.

"So!" Soobin starts, Kai and Taehyun looked at him while eating. They also noticed that the unnamed students were sitting in front of them.

"This is Wooyoung, and this is Yunho! They are from ABM! Yeosang and I met them at the gymnasium yesterday." Soobin explained, the guy named Wooyoung waved at them. Yunho on the other hand, bowed his head slightly.

Kai could feel a weird atmosphere between Beomgyu and Soobin. Most of the time, the two would talk about how handsome their kpop boys are, but today, they seem not to talk to each other.

"Of course, how could I forget who caused this weird atmosphere."

Kai thought, internally cussing at their mother. It was about the last week's happening, where Beomgyu witnessed how mother Choi shouted at Yeonjun and Soobin who is just happily watching.

Beomgyu was staring at his tray, blankly. He doesn't know what to say nor to react towards what Soobin says. Most of the time, he would always contradict Soobin's word, but this time, it would be so awkward.

"How is Kai so relaxed about this?"

Beomgyu thought, stealing glances from Kai who is seemed not to listen to Soobin's rants. He noticed that Kai has been staring at Taehyun, and the other also staring at him.

"Those pair of best friends is weird."

He thought again. Beomgyu shrugged off the thoughts and continued eating, instead of staring at his food.

"Nice to meet you, Taehyun!" Yunho beamed, reaching his hand to shake with Taehyun. Kai's eyes immediately darted at Yunho who is smiling brightly.

Taehyun felt that the younger is already thinking of committing crime, so he decided to smile and bow to Yunho.

"You seemed to be a nice guy, Kai." Wooyoung stated, his siren eyes fixated on Kai. Taehyun had to do a fake cough to divert Wooyoung's attention.

Then, the four of them started eating as if nothing happened.

-
a/n : aye, filler chapter, this one is kinda boring lol