013

will he hurt me?

Huening Kai woke up at 4:27am, it was really bad this time. He fell asleep at 3:42am, thinking things.

"Will he leave me? Hurt me? Take a advantage of me?" He asked himself, lying on the bed, too tired to stand up.

He's like this everytime good things happens to him. He would always think that something bad will happen.

"What if.. he doesn't like me as his friend?" Huening Kai once again questioned himself, but his eyes fixated at the trophy.

Yesterday, Taehyun gave him the trophy because the elder promise to win it and give it to him.

"But.. he wouldn't.. right..? He wouldn't give me these if he doesn't like me.." Huening Kai added, standing up.

He doesn't feel heavy but doesn't feel energetic at the same time. Even he lacks sleep, his body still works same as a student who sleeps 8 hours a day.

He grabbed his phone, then went straight to his messages. As usual, Taehyun leaves him multiple messages.

tyun :)

hello hueningie!! sleepwell<3
sent 9:34pm

btw, hueningie! let's go to the newly opened café, tomorrow! :33
sent 9:34pm

Huening Kai sighed, what did he do to deserve such friend? He turned off his phone and placed it inside his bag.

He was crying all night, thinking that Taehyun really hates him. His insecurities was triggered when he met a lady on his way home.

"Young man.. you seemed to be so depressed.. I guess kids like you either doesn't have friends or your friends secretly hate you." The lady spoke jokingly, laughing after she spoke.

This made Huening Kai smile at her, then walked pass the lady who was shocked because the young man immediately avoided her gaze and presence.

As he return home, he gently placed the trophy above his bookshelf and plopped himself to the bed.

"Maybe.. the lady is right.. maybe Taehyun hates me.." he told himself, his tears forming in his eyes.

There he started crying, it was just 9:35pm when he cried and ended at 3:10am. He was exhausted from thinking things, overthinking things.

"Kai! Let's go, I'll bring my car today." Yeonjun called, which Kai immediately grabbed his bag and dashed down the hallway.

He was lucky that his parents weren't present on the hallway or else he will get scoldings from them again.

While driving to school, the three fell silence. Beomgyu usually initiates the conversation, but today, he is focused playing an online game.

Yeonjun was silent, his eyes were puffy, just showing he cried.

Kai also cried all night, but was too slick to hide his puffy eyes. He would either use concealer or wear a mask.

As they have reached the school, Yeonjun left the two in the car, not even saying good bye. The eldest slammed his car door.

"Did something happened to him?" Beomgyu glanced at the younger, "I don't know, his eyes were puffy.. maybe he argued with someone.." Kai replied, earning a nod from Beomgyu.

The two also left the car, Huening Kai rapidly walking past Taehyun who was talking to a classmate.

The elder seemed to notice this action, so he ended his conversation with his other friends and followed Kai.

"Hueningie! Are you in a hurry?" Taehyun questioned, walking next to Kai.

"..no.. I.. I ju.. just.." Kai was out of words, good thing they have already reached the classroom which saved his ass.

"Something is wrong."

Taehyun thought, seeing how Kai distanced himself from him. He thought that maybe Kai just wanted a space so he let the other.

Three days had passed and the younger continued acting as if he was a stranger to him.

"Aaaaaahh! I've had enough, I will talk to him!"

Taehyun groaned, standing up from his table. They are at the cafeteria.

He walked close to the younger who was silently eating.

"Hueningie, talk to me right now. Please?" His stern expression washed away as he saw the other looking at his eyes softly.

"Not those eyes.."

Now the two of them are at the library, Kai awkwardly sitting in front of Taehyun.

"What's bothering you? You can tell me." Taehyun gently questioned, not wanting to scare the other.

"Do.. do.. do you.. hate.. me..?" Kai asked, almost whispering. Taehyun sighed relieved, he thought it was something so personal.

"I don't hate you, plus why would I hate you? You are kind to me. I can prove you that I don't hate you if you don't believe my words." Taehyun replied, reaching Kai's hand to hold.

The younger's heart started racing, he fixated his eyes at his lap. He was shocked and fluttered at the same time.

"Let's visit the new opened café, aight?" Taehyun exclaimed, earning a slight nod from Kai. The younger smiled.

"Okay." Kai replied, smiling at Taehyun who is smiling at him brightly.

Taehyun is still holding to Kai's hand, carefully caressing them to bring Kai on ease.

"I don't hate you okay? Whoever says that to you, don't listen to them okay?" Taehyun assured, leaning at the table to access the younger's face closer.

"Okay, I will only listen to you." Kai responded, earning a smile from the other who's face is 5 centimeters away from him.

The two pressed their forehead together, smiling as if it's the end of the world.

"Taehyun looks so happy now." Daniel spoke, giggling as he sighted his brother and his friends from the hallway.

-
a/n : lmao sorry for being inactive. btw, i'll create a new "book" full of oneshots of every kpop group (my mains to be specific)