015

what lies behind those cheeky smile?

He was sitting nervously, anxiety creeping into him as the teacher came in with a thick sheets of paper.

"We have few rules in this competition. No cheating, do not copy from your seat mate and no excuses." Ms. Im spoke, slamming the thick sheets on her desk.

She started giving the sheets one by one, then sat back on her chair after giving all those to the students in the room.

"Hey, wanna team up?" A student suddenly whispered to him. Taehyun shooked his head and raised his cover.

Taehyun glanced at Sunghoon who looks like struggling, the questions was indeed hard.

His heart was racing, the questions wasn't even related to the topic that he studied last night.

At first, he thought of losing, no hope. But then, remembering what he promised the younger, he couldn't bring to lose.

"I can do this, for Huening Kai!" Taehyun whispered, his eyes sharp looking at the answer sheet.

"Good morning, Hueningie!" Taehyun beamed, has Kai's head at his arms, serving as his pillow.

"G-good m-morning.. Tyun.." Kai trailed off, brushing his eyes. The younger was shocked to find himself being awaken by others. His sleep feels amazing.

"It's 4:30am! Come on, let's eat." Taehyun suggested, sitting next to Kai who has his eyes half close.

"Uhm.. Tyun.. aren't you.. uncomfortable around me..?" Kai questioned, hesitating. He was scared that Taehyun might not talk to him after he gets home.

The elder chuckled, "if I'm uncomfortable around you, will I still be this energetic? Don't worry, it's no big deal!" Taehyun smiled brightly, making Kai's heart jump.

The two went downstairs and found mother Kang awake, it seems that Yeosang has a fever.

"Ma, what happened to Yeosang?" Taehyun asked, Kai pulling a chair for him, then the younger pulled for himself.

"He's sick, he went on drinking with his friends. When he got home, he said that his body was aching." Mother Kang responded, placing a pitcher above the table.

Taehyun nodded in acknowledgment, then served Kai a water and placed foods on the other's plate.

"Alright, let's eat well!" Taehyun beamed, looking at Kai who was looking at him.

Ever since yesterday, Kai's eyes never left the elder. A person that something his eyes couldn't leave.

After taking a bath, Taehyun went downstairs and found Kai holding their things. His left hand holding his books and the his bag hanging at the younger's right arm.

"Want me to bring them for you?" Kai asked, his eyes looking like a puppy's. Taehyun shooked his head, "no need."

"Ma! We're leaving!" Taehyun called, earning a loud "okay" from her mother who was taking care of Yeosang upstairs.

Taehyun was walking into his bicycle, being tailed by Kai as if he is his dog.