003

destiny? what is that?

Last class, Biology. Huening Kai was silently listening to their teacher, Mr. Yoon.

"For this topic, we will do an activity by pair." Mr. Yoon announced which silenced the whole room. "Can we choos—" before a student could finish, Mr. Yoon interjected, "no. I will be the one choosing your partner."

The students groaned, some boo-ed Mr. Yoon, some just nodded as a response. Huening Kai stayed silent and still.

"Please don't let me be partnered with an asshole, please, please."

He thought, a visible disgust and fear in his face. Huening Kai covered his face with his hands and hears all his classmates complains.

"Alright, let's start partnering. Let me just get the student sheet." Mr. Yoon informed, walking close to his desk. He picked up a paper and started scanning it.

"Let's see.. Yeosang and Jongho. Where's Kang Yeosang and Choi Jongho?" He asked, looking up from the paper. Yeosang slowly raised his hand, so was Jongho.

"Alright, next Heesung and Karina..? Where are they?" The teacher asked, scanning the students. Heesung and Karina raised their hands in unison. Mr. Yoon nodded and continued on matching them randomly.

"Lastly, Taehyun and Huening Kai." Mr. Yoon declares, placing the student sheet on the table. Taehyun smiled at such thought, while Huening Kai was relieved knowing he wasn't paired into an asshole.

Mr. Yoon went to his desk and sat. "You may all leave and talk to you partner." He informed, fixing his glasses. As soon as they all left, Mr. Choi entered the room.

Taehyun swiftly approached Huening Kai who was lost and confused for finding him.

"Hey! I'm here!" Taehyun suddenly spoke, making the other flinch. Huening Kai smiled quickly at him, then face suddenly turned red.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to surprise you." Taehyun apologized which made Huening Kai giggle. "Silly, it's okay. Where do you wanna talk about the activity?" Huening Kai inquired, hugging the thick books he was holding.

"His giggle, so pretty. Pretty."

Taehyun thought until he realized he was staring at him for too long.

"Is something wrong with my appearance? Is there something in my face?"

Huening Kai suddenly touched his face, feeling if there's something in it.

"Ah, ah, there's nothing wrong with your face. You are just very pretty." Taehyun rambled, making Huening Kai's heart flutter. The younger covered his face with the book he is holding.

"Th-thank-k y-you!" Huening Kai replied shyly, book still covering his face. The older chuckled, which made Huening Kai shy even more.

"We-we ca-n go to m-my place.." the younger suggested, earning a nod from the elder. "Off to Kai's house we go!" Taehyun beamed. Unknowingly, Huening Kai's lip turned upwards as he saw how enthusiastic Taehyun is.

As they were walking down the school halls, Huening Kai halted his steps making the other confused.

"Wait a minute! I'll tell Yeonjun-hyung and Beomgyu-hyung that I'll leave first. Please wait for me." Huening Kai rambled, running back to the room they passed.

"Cute." Taehyun thought, pulling his smartphone from his pocket.

we are the powerpuff gals!