Chapter 0: prologue

A man stood on top on a mountain with his eyes closed as his kingdom stood below, the marble houses reflected the sunlight back to the blue skies.

In the centre of the civilisation stood a magnificent castle made of gold and silver which increased the splendor of the entire land.

The war had been going on for many years but the island was safely protected and out of the map.

It had been years since the king had last opened his eyes. He continuously repeated his god's name as his body didn't move a muscle.

The sun shone directly on top as dark clouds covered the skies.

"The gods as pleased with you penance. Exactly one year from now, you shall have a child. Your daughter will be the personification of illusion." A voice from the skies boomed.

The man opened his eyes and bowed in the direction of the voice.

Time skip

Three months passed as the queen soon became pregnant. The king made all sorts of offering to the gods and wished for a safe birth of his child.

As the due date drew closer, the king's nation was in a state of celebration and happiness.

The princess was born exactly one year after the king received the boon.

Ashok held his daughter in his arms as his wife, Kamala smiled at him.

"Maya." He smiled at the newborn who gave off an almost golden aura.

Time skip

The four year old ran around the palace as a maid chased after her. "Princess! Please! Wait!" The maid stumbled and fell on the ground.

Maya paused as she ran back to her caretaker. "Are you okay?" She asked and squatted down next to the maid.

The woman didn't move for a second before grabbing the princess and hugging her tightly. "Got you!"

Maya squealed in suprise as the fresh wound on the maid's knee vanished.

The king and queen appeared from around the corner as Kamala stifled her laughter at the sight of her daughter squirming around trying to escape from the hands of the maid.

"Maya! Darling, you have to change your cloths, you cannot go into the gardens in formal attire."

Maya paused as her cloths changed into something more suitable. "Better?" She looked up at her mother, still in the arms of her maid.

The maid scrambled into a standing position and bowed to the couple before leaving.

Ashok took his daughter to the gardens as a dragon flew down infront of the princess.

"Snow!" She smiled.

"Quite an unusual name for a red dragon but you do you." Ashok turned to leave along with his wife.

Time skip

The twelve year old Maya sat next to her father as he commanded the guards to arrest the criminal. "Father?"

"Yes?"

"Am I going to be the empress someday?"

Ashok thought for a second before responding. "If you prove that you deserve the position then of course. Just because you are a gift from the gods doesn't give you the throne." He explained.

"I shall prove my worth to you." She made a copy of herself as it turned into the criminal. The clone sneaked behind a guard who tried to stab it but the spear simply phased through the clone's torso.

The guard realised what was happening before he turned directly at the princess who smirked at him mischievously.

Time skip

Maya, now sixteen sat on the her own throne, between her parents as a messenger read out the letter.

"The hundred year war has come to end. There is no longer any threat to keep our country, Dhanloka a secret. We are safe to welcome outsiders to our land and involve in trade."

Maya nodded as her father agreed to open the gates.

____________________

Maya- (derived from- Hinduism) the illusion or appearance of the phenomenal world.

Kamala- lotus in Sanskrit

Ashok- name of Sanskrit origin meaning 'sorrowless' or 'one who is beyond sorrow'.
Dhanloka- 'dhan' means wealth, 'loka' means realm