4.2. Math Class

[June 28, 2129]
[9:30 AM, Thursday Morning]

Geometry, Algebra, Substitution, Elimination, Quadratics...
These are the math subjects they are currently learning for this week and the next five weeks coming up.

Y/n and T/n are masters in this class.
They had their history of passing math with an A+ every time when they were in their old school.

It still applies here now.
They just learned Geometry last week.
Now it's Algebra's turn to mix it up.
Well it's unfortunate the twins will master it like it's nothing.

Not even a few days ago before her younger sister's transfer, Y/n was the one to answer three questions up the board correctly.
Now today, it is T/n's turn.
She just answered the question correctly and asked the teacher if she can answer two more.

Which she's doing now.

Her teacher finished writing two more equations on the board and hand signaled T/n to solve them.
T/n nods and went to work.
The first equation was a bit long while the second one was long.
T/n swiftly answered the first question correctly and went on to the second one, solving it with no problems at all.
It took a bit of a while since it was a long equation but she did it.

Ms. Morimura: "T-that's correct."

Y/n: "As expected of T/n, as always."

The whole class including her older sister with a calm personality stares at T/n in awe.

All: "Wow..."

Even the teacher in their homeroom joins on in.
The younger twin felt embarrassed with all these eyes staring at her, but she eventually went back to her seat, trying to stay calm while doing so.

Her homeroom teacher soon snapped out of it and kept teaching.

She knew the twins were smart...
But not this knowledgeable...!

So of course Ms. Morimura would be surprised with what she just experienced.

During class, student after student volunteered to answer some questions.
For some reason, it drove most students to actually volunteer to answer some questions.
Even Y/n herself volunteered to answer some math questions herself.
Just like her younger sister, she swiftly but more quickly answered the questions correctly.

Ms. Morimura: "Spectacular, both of you."
She says to the two specific girls with a satisfied smile.

Everyone were all amazed.
Well, of course they were!
How was these two persons of the same blood but different appearances able to contain this amount of knowledge with not just one but all subjects?
Not only that, just the two of them actually caught their emotionless Ms. Morimura genuinely smiling.
As if she was proud to have students like them in her class.

A fluttering memory of 'her' crosses her mind.
Ms. Morimura: "She does remind me of 'her'..."
Ms. Morimura: 'When will I see 'her' again...?' She thinks to herself in a very sad tone.

T/n and Y/n wasn't dreaming.
They actually saw her smile.

It was very pretty, but it also hidden another expression within her...
Hurt.

Why was she also sad?
Why did Ms. Morimura have such an expression like that?

It was such a expression that Y/n couldn't comprehend, as if she didn't know exactly what it was.

Y/n knew of that expression, but where have she seen it?
In her memories?
Or perhaps...?

Y/n: "Ms. Morimura?"

Ms. Morimura: "Oh, my apologies... just a little thought came to me, that's all." She smiles, this time a bit slightly.

...
...
...

DING DONG DING DONG!

Ms. Morimura: "Oh? It is now lunch time, everyone. Make sure to clear your math assignment that's due tomorrow after school. That's all, enjoy your lunch everyone."

Iori: "Y/n-chan, T/n-chan! Let's have lunch at the cafeteria this time! Natsuno-chan will be joining us there!"

Y/n: "Ah! Ah... yeah..."

Iori: "Y/n-chan?"

Y/n: "I'm sorry just a thought came over me, that's all."

Iori: "Okay well, come on! Kurabe-kun, Miwa-chan, T/n-chan and I will go on ahead of you if you don't keep up the pace!" Iori says energized.

Y/n: "What's gotten you so hyped up today?"

Iori: "Well, it's been a great day! I also woke really early just to come to school on time, and I may or may have not met my-" Iori quickly covers her mouth.

Y/n: "Your?"

Iori: "I'm sorry that's a secret..."

Iori: "I can't tell her that I found my... my love in first sight...!"
Iori blushes to the side, can't stop thinking about the cute mysterious boy she bumped into while coming to school earlier this morning.

Y/n: "Anyways, Iori, let's go. Let's not keep them waiting~"

Iori: "Y-yes, ma'am..." Iori pouts.

Y/n: 'Was that really my imagination...?'

Y/n looks at Iori to make some clearances from her suspicions.
Y/n (whispers): "No, there's no way..."

Iori: "Did you say something, Y/n-chan?"

Y/n: "Nothing at all, Iori." Y/n smiles.

Iori takes Y/n's hand and softly drags Y/n with her while they make their way to the cafeteria.
Y/n was embarrassed but this was something friends do, so she didn't really mind.

Y/n looks at Iori again to make sure.

Y/n: 'Yeah, there's no way right?'

She smiles as she is being taken away by Iori as they converse back and forth about their favorite desserts.
It has only been a few days, but they're already acting like good friends.

Y/n: 'They do look similar though...'

She looks at Iori again and imagined Ms. Morimura next to her.
The dark haired girl combines the two once more to make sure shes's not dreaming nor hallucinating.

Y/n: 'Yeah, they don't look the same...'
Y/n: "But I hope I know for sure, thats there's no way that Iori and Ms. Morimura can be...'

Y/n: 'The exact same person.'