Episode 54 "The Salt in the Wounds"

Start from the beginning

The wife then says, "My daughter and I were very close, and it simply isn't possible that she wouldn't tell me she was pregnant." I nod, "That is understandable." Temp then says, "I would appreciate some insight into the high number of injuries your daughter sustained since puberty." The mother then accuses, "So now you're saying that we abused our daughter?" The husband calms her down, "It's all right. They had to ask. My daughter was an athlete. She grew almost two feet over the last four years. You can confirm the injuries with her chiropractor." Booth then hands them a card, "We're very sorry for you loss, sir." The mother adds, "Then you shouldn't say such terrible things." We are now meeting with the victims chiropractor as he says, "Ashley wasn't a victim of abuse. She was the victim of athleticism- and a competitive disposition. See, this remodeling the right thumb, little finger, the dorsal radial portion of her wrist?" 

Temp and I nod as I say, "Volleyball." "That's right. That's very good." I nod then start pointing out, "Patellar tendonitis." Booth then says, "Jumper's knee." Temp looks at him, "Wow. How did you know that?" "Athlete, Bones. Thanks, Dr. Fitts. We appreciate your help." I nod, "Yes thank you." He nods, "Yeah." Booth then asks before he leaves, "Were you aware that Ashley Clark was pregnant?" "No. No. Her last appointment was about six weeks ago. She didn't mention it." Temp then says, "Well, despite the fact that you aren't a real medical doctor,  you have been quite helpful. Thanks." "Oh, you're welcome. Oh, and, by the way... you aren't a real medical doctor, either." I started laughing as Booth smirks at the comeback.

Temp and I were back in the lab heading over to Cam's workplace as Temp was a bit frustrated that she didn't have the bones already as she says to her, "Dr. Saroyan,  why hasn't the body been defleshed?" "I'm still conducting the autopsy." "We'll if we can't..." I then cut in, "I don't have any problems right now Temp." She then fixed her wording, "If I can't remove the flesh, then I can't find cause of death." "If you remove the flesh, I can't find cause of death." "What flesh? The body is completely desiccated. Any remaining indicators are going to come from the bone." I sigh not wanting a dispute, "Temp, it's not always the bones, plus right now it's more fleshy than bone." Cam nods, "Thank you. And if I can rehydrate the tissue I can bring back the flesh." Arastoo then speaks, "Paleontologists have used Ruffer's solution successfully on mummies. But shush." I nod learning something new as Cam then says, "The salt arrested bacterial development. There's no decomp. If I can rehydrate, I can do a proper autopsy."

Temp then argues, "No, it will take too long and a positive result is debatable." Lucky for me, I'm the boss." Temp looked at me then says, "I claim one of my freebies." "I claim one of my freebie declines." I wanted to laugh at this so much, but Temp then looks at me again, "Well you get a say in this your the boss Boss." They all look at me as Arastoo then asks, "Your the main Boss here?" I chuckle a bit and nod, "Yeah...but don't worry to much and don't call me Boss... just Venus is fine. But keep this to yourself all right." I look at him as he nods as I continue, "Now for the two of you, I am going with Cam on this one Temp." "What? Why?" "Well, if we want better and accurate results we need to make sure that we could every fact that we could obtain to help with the case and catch the murder. Don't you like the facts Temp?" She nods, "I do." "Then we are going to go with Cam's idea first then yours after." She nods a bit annoyed but listens as she walks out. Cam then says, "I wish I had your ability to tame her." I chuckle, "I don't, she just can't resist to this face. No one can." Cam smiles shaking her head as Arastoo just watches as I give them my famous smile with a small wink and blow a kiss at them as I giggle leaving them to work.

I am back in Cams workspace with Hodgins and Arastoo as she needed me to build something to rehydrate the body and the boys to place the body inside it. I had finished as  as Cam hands me some eye protectors as we put them on as she says to the boys, "Okay, very careful. Tissue's fragile." They nod lifting the body as Hodgins says, "All right, ready? On my count. One... two... Now, we're going to completely submerge her in a bath of sodium carbonate, aqueous formalin and ethyl alcohol. Good." I nod adding, "And somewhere between 24 and 48 hours from now, she should look like her much... fleshier. Do the honors Hodgins."