Pathetic Sobs

Angsty fluff?

Remember that Spy x Family thingie I made like a lot of oneshots ago? Idk, everyone called it Spy x Family without a character for Anya so.

Aether was Xiao's partner in life. They did everything together. Missions, cooking, traveling, training. They acted like they disliked each other but they really cared for one another. Mainly Xiao being the person he is, trying to isolate himself so he doesn't get too attached. He just scared he'll die in front of him.

News spread that Xiao died on a solo mission. Aether couldnt believe it. How was he supposed to tell Lumine that his spy husband died? She isn't supposed to know! How is he supposed to explain? Many thoughts surrounded his head. He broke the vow. All the times they had together  were gone. The blond broke down. He wasn't himself. He shut everyone out. He stayed cooped up in his room. He wished he died instead of his lover.

He sobs every day wishing it was him. He only leaves the room to eat, remembers why he doesn't leave his room, and goes back upstairs. He gave up missions and just supplies his boss with weapons for the on field spies and assassins. He doesn't expression himself anymore. Everyone started to talk about it.

"Oh hey, its the guy that lost his partner!"

"Why is he so dull?"

"He looks so sad."

"What the hell is he still doing here? Didn't he lose his partner?"

"Personally, I would quit!"

All these words made him think he should quit. Xiao's dead, there's no worth staying here. He could become a florist or a scientist. Just something other than his job. It brings painful memories to mind.

He even stopped braiding his hair, which was the raven's favorite activity. He combs it, put it in a ponytail and just leaves. It was their favorite pastime.

Cooking dishes he gotten from other missions, watching movies together, researching the most random things together, was almost everything he missed. Because Xiao was there with him. They wanted to paint the walls together. They wanted to move together. Everything was together.

"Aether. Could you please stop by the headquarters today? We have someone for you to meet."-Boss

"Yeah sure. On my way."-Aether

The blond got dressed. He didn't plan to move anywhere from his bed today, but his boss is still his boss. He got dressed in a black crop top with joggers as he reached for his phone. He then started walking to his job. The blond started to feel a bit better.

"What do you need from me?"-Aether

There he was. He was sitting in a chair. He stood up when he heard the voice.

"Aether?"-Xiao

"Xiao!"-Aether

He basically jumped into his arms, sobbing so much that his shirt would be soaked. They fell to the ground laughing and sobbing. Xiao laughed as he stroked his lover's hair.

"Aether, its okay. Im here."-Xiao

"Where...where were you all these months? Everyone told me you died."-Aether

"I was in a hospital. No one knew if I were going to live or not."-Xiao

"Well at least someone should've told me! I was worried for you!"-Aether

"You idiot. You would be even worse than you are now."-Xiao

They went home together. Aether telling his lover what he missed. He saw how torn apart the blond made himself be from the world because his moon wasn't here.

The world is only them. The rest are hallucinations.

592 words