Stupid Choice

I think this is angst?

Oh yeah, we back at the hospital.

A blond young adult was laying down in a bed sleeping. He had machines strapped on to almost every part of his body. He has been this way and in this state for almost three years. Every day or month, a new machine was on him. It worried his family a lot when a new machine was added.

But one stayed calm. He did not understand emotions so he had no choice. Xiao. That name wasn't unknown to anyone. He cared most for the blond. Even his own family admitted it.

Eventually, he stopped visiting. It's because he didn't know how to feel. Was he supposed to cry? Scoff and say everything is okay? This feeling of grief is familiar to him, but not in this way. He decided to go take a break.

His family had a little garden for small events or for moments like these. The raven sat on the bridge towering over the small pools of water and shrubbery. The water looked sad at his reflection.

"I get it now. Sigh."-Xiao

Xiao got up and headed out the door. It was still early morning. He bought something from the corner store and left to go to the hospital where the blond was staying.

As he approached the room, something felt off. The room was drafty. He hated it drafty. It always gave him a cold. The raven wanted to close the window and leave.

And yet there he was. Standing and looking at the moon. Using the windowsill as support. Alive. The window was wide open.

"Aether. You're going to catch a cold."-Xiao

"I already have one." Aether showed his red nose already dripping with snot. "But it's worth it to see the moon this pretty."

"I brought breakfast."-Xiao

Aether sat down on the bed. He felt drowsy but still wanted to eat. It was some bread and pancakes in a plate that had to be heated up. He still ate while chatting with his lover, then he passed out. The blond had a fever.

"Drowsiness. Sigh. Someone will help him in the morning. I hope."-Xiao

Despite saying that, he got a wet towel and dipped it in warm water. He put it on the blond's forehead. The blond looked peaceful like this, but also kinda nasty. Xiao smiled a bit before leaving. At least he was okay.

-
"Aether!"-Lumine

Lumine jumped into her brother's bed and gave him a hug. He was awake and feeling much better.

"Let go! I still am sick!"-Aether

"Why did you do that?! You had us all worry! You missed three years."-Lumine

Three years? Of his life? Gone? For what exactly? All he did was resist getting his hair burned off by a guy trying to choke him into doing it. Due to some pain and scars that were severe and never treated, he's assuming that's why he was out cold.

"I didn't want pain anymore. Some guy tried to choke me into burning off my hair for goodness sake! All I remember is puking."-Aether

"No! I'm talking about why do you have all of those cuts on your arm! Why?"-Lumine

"Lumine, those were from my ex. The toxic one who wanted to control me."-Aether

"Oh yeah. Sorry. I'm just upset and scared at the same time."-Lumine

"It's fine. Xiao! Thank you for last night! I really needed it!"-Aether

"What. Did you do?"-Lumine

"Oh sure, I fucked your brother in the hospital! Lumine, I gave him food."-Xiao

Lumine did not take the hint that it was sarcasm and scared the living crap out of Xiao. Aether giggled. They never changed. Just grew. Xiao's still short though.

IM SICK AGAIN URAHHHH

635 words