I Dug Two Graves, My Dear

Yes more angst at midnight.

With Xiao being dead

Two guys were fighting again a team of Abyss Mages. The blond gave a lucky charm to the raven to keep until the battle is over. The raven accepted and died in battle by a Cryo strike. He died on a icicle. Strike through the heart, a instant death. The blond cried. He didn't even get to say goodbye.

"XIAO! NO! DONT DIE ON ME! Please. Please, please please please please please. XIAO, XIAO. YOU SAID THAT YOU'D COME WHENEVER I CALLED OUT YOUR NAME! I need you more than ever now...No. please don't be dead."-The blond

"Aether..."-Xiao

Aether cried. His last word to him were his own name. And yet they were going to get married soon. Soon after this loss...

Aether woke up in a sweat. It was all but a dream. A dream that came to reality. Just a few days ago, Xiao was killed at their wedding. He was killed at the after party while he and Aether were alone. They were laughing and smiling and exchanging jokes and nicknames. Then some Fatui invaded it and killed him for protecting the innocent.

"It's just a stupid dream. Get over it Aether, he's already fucking dead."-Aether

Aether got up and put on a fake smile. He wanted to make his sister happy at least. At least she could feel something, enough to start her day. He looked at himself in the now broken mirror. His blond long hair still tangled as he hasn't left his bed in days. His clothes stained with his tears. His bloody hand that punched the mirror into pieces. It was all pathetic Greif. He hated this feeling.

"Aeth. You want some food?"Ah, Lumine. She's the only other reason he's not dead.

"Not hungry. Go away." So much for making her happy.

"If this is about Xiao's death, you know me and Dain are here to talk to."-Lumine

"Get. Away. From. My. Door. Or you'll get a taste of what I will be cooking for breakfast."-Aether

"But-"Aether stomped towards the door. He punched his sister to the floor and kicked her down the stairs. The blond then realized what he did. He hid in his room and cried. That wasn't supposed to happen. He was just angry. Just tired. He just wanted Xiao back. That's all he wanted.

"Daddy?" Aria. He's been fucking up so bad lately. As a brother. As a father. As a person. As a husband. Fuck it all. Why can't he just die already.

"Where's Papa? He didn't come home yet from the party you went to?"-Aria

"Go away before I hurt you too."-Aether

"But Daddy-"-Aria

"GO AWAY ARIA!" Aria cried as she ran to her room. He just couldn't tell her that he's dead. He couldn't break the child's heart as he already broke his own.

Why is he so messed up today? Why is he even alive? He pushed them all away. Because he was dealing with the burden alone.

"STUPID STUPID STUPID! YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING FREAK! YOU LET HIM DIE ON OUR WEDDING DAY AND ALL YOU COULD DO WAS CRY! LIKE THE PATHETIC BABY YOU ARE!" Aether yelled at himself in the broken mirror. He couldn't even deal with himself, how was he supposed to deal with others?

He broke down. Worse than the first day. Was he so god darn bad that he cried again only in two hours?

"Aether." The blond gasped. It sounded just like him. He looked behind him and saw a recording of Xiao on his sister's phone. After what he done to her, she still stays around.

"I know that you miss me, so much that you've probably waited until I was home inside our room. But I...wanted to sing you something. So you don't feel lonely anymore. Okay? Sigh, I never sang to you since we first started dating. It brings back good memories." He started to hum a melody to warm up. Already did he feel calm and relaxed.

[Tomorrow by Alicia Morton]

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow
You're always a day away."

He kept on repeating the words until he remembered the rest of the lyrics to the song. He always loved Christmas musicals for some reason. He viewed them months before the holidays began, and yet always smiled for it.

Now there was no one to enjoy them with him. He's above, and he's stuck here.

"Xiao come back! Come back Xiao, I miss you so much!" Aether looked up at the ceiling in grief. He hated this feeling. It pushed everyone away. He was back in his own world again.

"I wish there were two graves. For the both of us together. It would've been better that way."-Aether

810 words

———————-

Why do I waste time doing things for people who don't care about me? I don't fucking know, but I'm about to give up ☹️