Naps And Hugs

Yes it's that Royal AU again. And it's fluff.

As soon as Xiao came back from a meeting, Aether was already asleep with Aria in his arms. It was sunset, so the colored tints of the glass windows shined down on the two blonds instead of the soft sunlight glow. The blond was still sitting up like he was intended to give something. Xiao laid his lover's head on the pillow, trying to not wake him. The raven took his daughter from his arms and put her in her crib near their bed. The raven made sure she was sleeping before he got in the bed with Aether. The blond was under his covers, shivering from bad thoughts.

"No...not again. I don't want that again. *hic* please."-Aether

Xiao sighed, and kissed his lover on the forehead. That day must've really affected him. It's been over a year now, and he still remembers clearly about that day. It hurt his lover's heart to see him in pain like this.

As if it were on cue, Aria started crying. Which made Aether cry even harder. Xiao got up, calmed down Aria, carried her to his bed, and tried to calmed down his lover. It was quite easy due to the fact that Aether likes close contact.

"I love you both. Rest well for me okay? Even if it's just a little nap."-Xiao

"Mmm...neeeeh. No, Paimon doesn't need food, she is the food."-Aether

Who in the hell is Paimon? Isn't she that chef thats eats all the food? She's Aether's personal chef, is she not? Is she? Xiao doesn't know all the people in the castle yet.

Xiao laid next to Aether and Aria, pulling his arms around them. He drifted off to sleep, making sure that they were safe in his arms.

——————

Aether woke up to Aria crying. He held his daughter's little hand, trying not to crush it. She soon calmed down.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, Mama's here. Shhh~ I'm ok. No need to cry."-Aether

Aria was holding her mother's shirt in fear. She feared that man was going to come back and hurt her and her mother.

"I'm fine. I'm okay. Sweet Aria. Little Dove. Flying through the sky."-Aether

Aether hummed a lullaby to calm her down. He woke up his lover, who was drawn to the sound. The raven wanted to sleep to the sound every night. It sounded like a bird in the early morning.

"Oh, Xiao. I didn't mean for you to wake up. Did I wake you? I was just calming Aria down. She was scared, she was clinging on to my shirt. She had a nightmare I suppose."-Aether

"No no, it fine. And I like your humming, it's soothing."-Xiao

"Mmm. Tired. I want cuddles."-Aether

Xiao sat up and hugged his lover. The blond was tired, so he wouldn't notice the difference. Aether fell asleep in Xiao's arms, mumbling about food and milk. The raven laughed at the tired blond, he must've had a long day.  For sure.

514 words