We Lost Him

Angst 😼

Xiao was lost in war. Two years ago, they had to go to war for just a year. The enemy took the raven as a price for ending the war early and harming their men. He was also sick and close to death, and was going to take the antidote as soon as the blond would return to his side.

Would he die by then? Or would he be here by his side right now, comforting him and saying it was all going to be okay and they'll figure it out? How is he supposed to tell Aria and Apollo?

"Aether." It was his voice. It's just a hallucination. He's dead. Get over it.

"It's just a voice. It's not real." Aether was putting a small bundle of Glaze Lilies inside a vase. He then looked at the moonlight glow and remembered their wedding. And all the Christmases they spent together.

The moon is how they met. They both didn't want to rule and hated big gatherings. Under some lanterns were their best times yet. Everything reminded the blond of Xiao. Even his own kids.

"Mommy. Can we sleep in your bed tonight? I'm scared."-Aria

"Scared of what?"-Aether

"Papa's disappearance. Auntie says that Papa is gone and is never coming back home. What does that mean?"-Aria

"Papa IS Coming home. Auntie just has to wait. Now, get ready for bed. You have school tomorrow Aria."-Aether

Aria hopped on the big bed and tucked her little brother into bed. She then waited for her mother to tell her a story.

"No story tonight. I have to do something with Auntie and Grandpa."-Aether

Aria hated her grandfather. He's always yelling at her because she doesn't want to learn sewing or anything he seems ladylike. He's a horrible person, her father always said.

"Good night you two. Sleep well." And there he went. They always were read a story before bed. At least by their mother or father.

-
"Lumine, I wish to see the enemy. To bring him back. I need your permission."-Aether

"No Aeth. You're not seeing him. It's a dangerous land. I'm not loosing anyone else."-Lumine

"But Lumine-!"-Aether

"No Aether!" The blond fiddled with his wedding ring. He was trying to hold back tears. He nodded and left the room.

"My love. *sob* Why did you leave? You didn't have to leave."-Aether

In the middle of war, the raven was sick with a heatstroke and a minor cold. Xiao made the decision to make a trade for all the lives lost. Xiao gave Aether a locket he made and wove out of string. He smiled and gave him a hug. It was the last hug he was going to get.

"I'm the trade. I'm sorry Aether. I'm sorry."-Xiao

"My love. Why? Should you at least get better first?"-Aether

"I suppose I should. I think we ran out yesterday."-Xiao

"I'll go get you more! Don't do the trade without me!" Aether gave a kiss on the cheek and smiled as he ran out to get more ingredients.

As soon as he came back, he was gone. All he left was the locket he made with two pictures. It was a wedding photo of them and a photo of when Apollo was born. Aria was on the bed near her mother. She looked amazed at her little baby brother. Aether cried at the sight of the locket.

"Mommy? Are you sad about Papa?"-Aria

"Story for Mama?"-Apollo

Aether smiled. He loved his kids so much. They resembled their father so much. He gave them a big hug as he cried. He never cried in front of them like this. The blond stroked their hair as they lead him to his room.

"Story for Mama! Story, Story!"-Apollo

"Okay, okay! Yes, I would love a story from you guys."-Aether

I have like three more ideas with wars and this AU.

662 words