Fateful Encounter

Beep! Beep! Beep!

You quietly groaned as you extended an arm out of the covers to shut off the blaring alarm, missing a few times before knocking it off the nightstand completely, giving up and using your telekinesis to set the now broken alarm clock back where it belonged with a click.

"Mom, I'm going out to the store!"

You called as you adjusted your black and red striped sweater and softly shut the door behind you.

It had been a few years since monsters had been released to the surface and for the first few weeks you were too afraid to leave your house because of the stories you were told and the things people were saying online.

Even now you felt a light wave of anxiety wash over you as you passed a tall monster lady with razor sharp teeth and what appeared to be fins at the sides of her head, her skin covered in a coat of blue scales that glistened in the sun and her red hair tied up in a high ponytail.

"What are you looking at, punk?" Her raspy voice boomed as the cold morning wind howled, causing both of your hair to flow when her piercing amber eye met yours.

"Sorry..." You muttered with an apologetic bow and hurried off, the sound of your footsteps crunching in the fresh snow fading as you disappeared around a corner.

"Man, why do they always run?" She rolled her one eye and peered around the corner you ran around to see that you were gone, even your trail of footprints reaching a dead end, and narrowed her eye in suspicion.

「Sans POV」

"SANS, YOU LAZYBONES!" Papyrus tore the blanket off of the smaller skeleton who was sprawled out in bed, making him lazily open one eye.

"Morning, Paps." Sans yawned and turned over, snuggling into his blue hoodie.

"IT'S NOT MORNING!" Papyrus facepalmed with the edge of the fluffy blanket still in his hand. "THE DAY IS HALF OVER!"

At the sound of snoring, the taller skeleton stamped on the ground in frustration. "SANS! I NEED YOU TO GO TO THE STORE TO PICK UP INGREDIENTS SO I CAN MAKE US SPAGHETTI FOR DINNER."

"Why don't you cook something else?" Sans mumbled, half asleep. "Life is about..."

"SANS, NO!" Papyrus put his hands where his ears would be.

"Exploring the pasta-bilities." Sans finished with a chuckle as his brother left his room in a fit, about to slam the door but stopping at the last second and closing it nicely.

"Let's see here..."

Spaghetti Noodles
Tomato Sauce
Ground Meat
Parmesan Cheese

Papyrus was reciting his grocery list out loud as he was walking to the nearby corner store, stopping at the edge of the parking lot and taking out a pen.

"How could the Great Papyrus forget?" He gasped dramatically. "Ketchup for the best brother in the whole world! Nyeh heh heh!"

"Hey, can't you read the sign?" A police officer pointed to a sign with a prohibited symbol over an icon of a monster. "No monsters allowed."

"Oh..." Papyrus quickly stepped to the side off of the grey pavement. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention but I will remember that for next time!"

"There won't be a next time..." The officer darkly said as he pulled out his baton and lightly hit the palm of his hand as a threat.

「Y/n POV」

You were looking at the ground that was covered in a thin blanket of snow as you walked with your hands in your coat pockets to the corner store, enjoying the pleasant weather that wasn't too cold for a winter day.