|| Happy ||

| Percy |

Chapter Nineteen - Happy

“... You only ever call when you're in emotional turmoil... What's wrong?” Isaac's bored voice crackled through the phone.

Percy rolled his eyes and put his phone down on his bedside table, “Tell me how to tell your cousin that I like her.”

A long silence commenced before Isaac let out a deep sigh, “Dude it's 7AM.”

Rolling over in his bed, Percy groaned into his pillow, “Sooo? I need advice right now.”

Isaac moved on the other side of the phone and then he spoke again, “Asking girls out isn't exactly one of my strongest points man.”

Percy knew that better than anyone else. His best friend was the most socially inept person he'd ever met, in fact, it was one of the reasons Percy liked him; they could be socially inept together.

“She's your cousin, that's the only reason I'm asking you.”

Isaac snorted, “I'm not the one obsessed with her. Shouldn't you know what she's like?”

Percy let out a frustrated sigh, “I do know, that's why I'm so fucking nervous. She'd reject me without realizing and I'd lose my shit.”

“Have you even tried?”

Thinking back to a while back when he almost confessed in Colin's kitchen, the boy decided not to tell his best friend about that.

Instead he said, “I'm planning on doing it today.”

“Then go for it, don't be be too overbearing though. Ease her into it.”

Percy hummed, “Yeah. I'll do that.”

♥️

Sitting on the edge of her bed, Percy looked around the minimalistic room in awe of how perfectly it suited the girl. The rest of the house was cold and lifeless but her room was bright and warm.

She was home alone again and when Percy asked why her mom worked on weekends, the girl became sullen and brushed the question off. He had never seen her look so gloomy before. He didn't like the lost and empty look on her face when he asked her when her mom would be home and she couldn't say.

“Where are we going?” Baby emerged from her bathroom with her wild hair in a ponytail and her feet bare.

“I was thinking maybe we should have a picnic... Only if you want though.”

Baby's eyes lit up in excitement, “I'd love to, wait right here, I'll change into something nice and we can leave.”

She skipped over to her closet and pulled things out and Percy watched her with a small smile on his face. If today went well... He'd be able to make her happy forever.

____

Edited.

Baby On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara