• New | Pt. 3 •

C h a p t e r
T h i r t y - t h r e e

________

- I was a little hungover while I wrote this

So I can't promise that it's good. -

STEAMING strawberry tea was set down in front of Baby. And much like her feelings, she didn't know what to do with it at that moment. So she touched the rim of the mug lightly and basked in the sweet smell of the beverage for a few seconds.

Brielle's comforting smile was directed at her, "Penny for your thoughts?”

Baby breathed out a humorless laugh, “I deserve a dollar.”

Her chest felt heavy when she met Brielle with her own gaze, a pitiful gaze. She wanted to evaporate like the steam that rose from her mug.

"Come on, be honest.” Brielle urged. Very softly. It was the only way she knew how to handle Baby, to pull her out of her own dreadful train of thought.

Placing her fingers to the side of the mug lightly, Baby relished in the flick of painful heat that radiated from the mug. It reminded her that she really was sitting there in a familiar space, safe and with company.

"I don't really want to leave you know,” She murmured, “But it feels like the right thing to do.”

Brielle couldn't help the way she frowned, “I know, that the past few months haven't been great,” She leaned forward and placed her hand on Baby's, “But you aren't alone anymore. She keeps trying to convince you that one day you will be.”

"Look at me.” She commanded.

Blinking away the burn in her eyes, Baby looked into the eyes of the girl who made her feel like she deserved everything she thought she didn't.

“We're all here for you, me and Colin, and Percy—his obsessed with you, in the best ways. We're here for you. She never was and that's on her. But you're loved now.”

♥️

Percy shook his head in disbelief as Noah leaned over the counter of the restaurant spewing nonsense about how he recently got engaged and wanted to treat his fiancé, Percy, to a nice dinner to celebrate.

It wasn't their first rodeo.

Noah took his chances wherever they went. He was the most experienced penny pincher that Percy had ever met. Given that they weren't too high up on the corporate ladder as of yet and money was a little tight by the middle of the month... He let it slide. If he got discounts on good food by playing house with his best friend, he could live with that.

He settled himself into a table near the window of the restaurant, looking out at the bustling city.

"So darling, they do have cute specials for couples. Should I call a waiter over to take our order?” Noah spoke as he sat down across from Percy. His glowing smile slightly infectious, making Percy fight off a smile of his own.

Shaking his head, Percy explained, "One day we're going to have to start paying for normal meals like normal people or just settling for McDonald's.”

Noah looked disgusted, “I do not sit in an uncomfortable desk chair all day doing the finance departments dirty work just to eat McDonald's or pay for overpriced meals.”

A laugh bubbled from Percy's lips, he looked at Noah with mirth, “Have you ever been told you radiate babygirl energy? I should just hook you up with a sugar daddy.”

Shrugging, the dark haired man leaned into his own palm, "I would be a nice trophy husband wouldn't I?”

Percy sighed, “You're hopeless.”

“And you aren't?”

The blonde man had a niggling suspicion that Noah was referring to the state of his relationship with Baby. He couldn't really take offense. The truth hurt. And he was hopeless.

♥️

On his second helping of the chocolate mousse he dared to consume, Percy felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

He pulled it out, accepting the call as soon as he saw Baby♥️ flash across his screen, before his lips could form a greeting the girl spoke.

"We have to talk.”

His heartbeat sped up by a few beats, an uncomfortable emptiness settling in his stomach despite his hearty dinner.

“Alright, where are you?” He heard voices in the background, and a television.

“Colin and Brielle's.” She said concisely. “See you soon.”

The call ended abruptly from her end and Percy stared at his phone for a few moments, wondering who he spoke to because whoever that was, was not his Baby.

“I have to leave.” He told Noah lowly.

The other man took the demand casually and called their waiter to the table.

_______

[Not Edited]

authors note: couldn't finish this one either. My head hurts, and yeah. Part 4 tho? Sorry for dragging the inevitable out like this.