| Blush |

Chapter Twenty-Four - Blush

“Let me buckle you in.” Percy mumbled as he leaned over to click the seat belt into place over his girlfriend.

Baby played with the end of her sweater and smiled, her eyes watched Percy carefully all the way to school and she found that she liked everything he did. From the way he would pull his face when he was concentrating on the road to the way his hands searched for hers as soon as they were out of the car.

She clutched his hand tightly even as she opened her locker to retrieve her belongings for their first class. Baby wondered if Percy knew that he was her first boyfriend and that she had no clue what she was doing.

Chatter surrounded the pair as students trailed in from the school entrance, and Baby seemed lost in her own world for the longest time before Percy pulled his hand from hers and she looked at him with a confused pout. He was looking in the other direction. His back blocking her view of whoever was approaching.

“Myles, hey.” He greeted.

The boy, Myles Naidoo, standing at the same staggering height as Percy was someone Baby recognized from the basketball team and the cross-country club. He was friendly, handsome and one of the few students who did volunteer work willingly.

"—Coach said something about a camping trip, it's not mandatory but apparently it's for team building... You're captain so I guess you're required to be there, that's why coach sent me to tell you.”

Percy took all the information in and shrugged, “I don't know if I can make it, end of the week is the beginning of the short semester break right?”

Myles nodded, “Yeah it is.”

“Can you tell coach I'll be busy?”

The other boy tilted his head in questioning, “What's your excuse?”

Percy flushed suddenly, a deep red color spreading up from his neck into his cheeks, “Well uh... I was planning on spending the break with my-” He cleared his throat, “My girlfriend.”

Baby took a deep breath, processing how nice it sounded. My girlfriend. She squealed internally, 'He called me his girlfriend!'

Myles sounded shocked when he replied, "You have a girlfriend?”

Still red-faced, Percy nodded and moved aside to reveal a beaming Baby with her hands tucked behind her back.

An extremely shocked look crossed Myles face and he waved awkwardly, “Hey Louise.” He pointed between the two, “You guys are dating?”

Baby nodded. Percy rolled his eyes, why was it so hard to believe that he could date someone like Baby?

Myles made a 'huh' sound and smiled, “So he finally got the balls...” He said a little to himself.

____

Not Edited.

*no updates for the next few weeks*