• Home Pt. 1 •

C h a p t e r
F o r t y - E i g h t

BAGS were lined up against the wall in Brielle's room, her bed was made neatly and all the things on her bedside table were cleared out

BAGS were lined up against the wall in Brielle's room, her bed was made neatly and all the things on her bedside table were cleared out. Collin felt his heart drop, panic rising in his chest.

"Bri?” He called out into the hallway behind him. Shutting her bedroom door swiftly and leaning against it. If he kept the door closed, she wouldn't be able to get her things and leave.

Brielle peeked out of the bathroom at the end of the hallway, her hair tumbling over her shoulders and her cheeks inflated with mouthwash.

“Hmm.” She hummed.

Collin smiled uneasily, "Where you off to?”

Lifting a hand, she disappeared back into the bathroom and rinsed her mouth swiftly before reappearing into the hallway.

"My parents house. Ma called a week ago and said that Cal is coming home for a while.” She explained concisely. Her hand curled around Collins forearm and she pulled him away from her door.

He let her pass even though he wanted to argue and just nodded slowly when she said, “I'm leaving later this afternoon, probably for the next two weeks.”

She shut the door and Collin clenched his jaw in frustration.

They hadn't really been comfortable or talkative around one another in the past two months since that one night after the club and then her birthday. Collin was too much of a coward to clear the air or rather fix things, and Brielle pretended like nothing happened in the first place.

Leaving was probably her way of avoiding him completely.

It turned out that Collin was wrong, when Brielle shoved a packed bag into his chest as she hurriedly pulled him along talking rapidly.

"Come on, you're driving. We need to get there before Cal does and surprise him.”

His confused frown made her smile a little to herself.

"Yes,” She confirmed his unspoken question, “You're coming with me.”

______

Not Edited.

authors note: super short one, a little time for the side characters to have the shine ♥️ the next two chapters will be Collin and Brielle exposure <3