|| Let Me ||

| Percy |

Chapter Twenty-One - Let Me

“Morning Percy!”

A smile threatened to spread on his face but he willed it away and frowned in fake seriousness. Baby got into his car and pouted at his silence. He ignored the look and put the key in the ignition and started the car.

Their ride to school was silent and Percy peeked at Baby a few times during it to find the girl sulking in the passenger seat.

“Percy?” Baby called out to him once they had arrived at school.

Percy ignored her some more as he grabbed their bags from the backseat of his car and started to exit the car.

The girl followed and shut the passenger side door, letting him lock his car before she scurried after him as he walked ahead of her into the school.

They got to her locker and he handed her bag to her but looked away.

“Are you mad at me?” She asked, wondering what she could've done to upset the boy. They had texted all night and he didn't seem off at all.

Percy frowned, “No.” He added sternly, “I'd never be mad at you.”

“Then... What is it?”

The boy shrugged and bit his lip, finally looking at Baby, “I dunno, but I know how you could make me feel better.” He quipped.

He cleared his throat to avoid laughing at the eager expression on Baby's face.

“How?”

Humming thoughtfully, he leaned down to the girl and rubbed his nose against hers teasingly, “Let me take you out on a date.”

Her brown eyes were wide and her gaze darted to Percy's lips without intention but the boy caught it and licked his bottom lip in response, “It'll make me feel better if you say yes.” He murmured.

Nodding subtlety, Baby whispered back, “Yes.”

_____

Not Edited.