- Confessions - Pt. 1 -

Confessions Pt. 1

[disclaimer : this part and the next two are not a part of the main story, they're just extras.]

Enjoy!

_______

Brielle Hardy had always considered herself an agreeable and easy-going person. She wasn't imposing and she wasn't too isolated either. Brielle fell into the comfortable middle-ground of society, perfectly average.

That's why the redheaded girl couldn't fathom why Colin Norwell seemed to dislike her.

It wasn't like he sneered at her presence or anything of the sort. He was civil. But whenever Brielle was near, he seemed to chill to the core and his entire personality diluted down to some lame 'hi's and nice to see you's', that was a lot of lame 'hi's and nice to see you's' for the past thirteen years.

Brielle found herself questioning whether she had done something to trigger the boy.

Then she met Baby and understood why Colin would ignore every other girl around him. If anything, she couldn't really fault him for seeing in tunnel vision when Baby was in the vicinity.

For the past thirteen years, Brielle had liked Colin Norwell and for the past thirteen years, he'd been in love with Baby Louise Martin's.

Brielle understood. But that didn't stop her from feeling the way she did.

☺️

“Does he even eat those?” Cal gestured to the caramel fudge muffin in his sister's hands.

She baked religiously and one of her special muffins were always set aside for her unrequited love.

“Yeah, it's actually one of his favorites.”

Brielle received an endearing but pitying smile from her older brother, the lanky man leaning on the kitchen counter staring at her with curiosity swimming in his blue eyes.

“Why do you do this?”

Cal had watched his little sister fixate and pine for years and he'd be damned if he didn't say it was breaking his heart.

Brielle hitched her bag onto her shoulder and bagged the muffin for Colin before she skipped away and called back to her brother, “Because I'm a hopeless romantic!”

☺️

Colin wasn't a generally moody person persay, but he did certainly have his grumpy days. His dark hair would be tousled and unruly, and his eyes would be darker than their usual crystal clear sapphire color.

Today was one of his grumpy days, his shoulders slumped and his walk was heavy. He murmured to himself in intense intrapersonal conversation. The little Colin upstairs was in uproar about what his morning had come to - a complete bogus excuse of a morning - and he had to talk back to calm his inner child down.

'So what if they went out on a picnic? And so what if Percy Oppenheimer confessed his feelings to Baby? And so what if she sounded happy on the phone? So fucking what?'

“Doesn't mean she likes him back.” He grumbled and shut his locker forcefully.

“Bad day?” Brielle chirped.

Turning to face the redhead, Colin let out a soft grunt in reply. Then his eyes fell to the paperbag in her hands and raised a questioning brow.

He knew what it was already but he didn't want to assume.

Brielle smiled knowingly, “Here.” She handed him the bag and watched him open it and pull out the muffin.

With a small sheepish grin, he bit into the muffin and said, “Thank you...”

She nodded and raised her head, “Wanna walk to class together?”

Colin said nothing but started walking. Letting Brielle follow close behind him.

“... Would you like me to assign someone to butter your muffin?”

Colin snorted. The girl smiled.

______

Not edited.