• New | Pt. 1 •

C h a p t e r
T h i r t y - o n e

[Three years later]

_______

- ahhhh, new format

- ahhhh, new format. -

EVERY season of life has its ups and downs. We all hope somewhere deep inside us that downs never happen, and when they do, it feels relentless. Neverending.

Baby had learned to accept the downs of the new season of her life the hard way.

All her repressed agony and rage had bubbled to the surface and she couldn't control anything anymore. The happiest days of her life were behind her for now. Now, she had some hard truths to face.

Like the fact that she needed space.

Space from the committed relationship she had nurtured with Percy and the bubble of safety and comfort he offered her. She hadn't learned how to be safe on her own and it was time for that. No matter how much she fought the wild waves of change, it all had to happen.

• • •

The bustle of the café was distracting to the girl, people walked by their table and waitresses spoke over groups of voices taking orders. The scents of baked goods and coffee, fresh and warm, but suffocating the girl.

“You alright there?”

Baby's wandering eyes fixed back onto the brunette man in front of her, “I'm fine.” She took in a shallow breath.

“Bullshit.” He muttered almost playfully, his wise blue eyes serious.

She crumbled faster than she wanted to, hiding her face behind her glove-covered hands, “I'm moving.” She declared.

Colins brows raised, “Percy never mentioned that when we hung out.” His thoughts automatically conjoined Baby and Percy. The two were a package deal.

Over the course of three years, Colin and Percy had become good friends despite being polar opposites. And Colins feelings concerning Baby.

"It's because he doesn't know,” Baby peered at her best friend through her fingers, “I haven't told him yet.”

Silence befell them for a long moment. Colin looked uncomfortable, conflicted. Baby drank her cappuccino in big gulps, the sharp burn on her tongue keeping her present right there.

Colin finally spoke, “Where to?”

Eyes trained on her cup, she told him, "I paid the deposit for an apartment on the other side of the city.” She forced a smile when she looked at Colin again.

"When do you plan on telling Percy?” He asked.

With a meek shrug, the girl mused, “Soon... If I can.”

_______

To be continued...

authors note: uh... longer chapter up next, can't promise its less surprising than this one.