• Lovely •

C h a p t e r
F o r t y - o n e

BABY stared at her two best friends with a disappointed pout on her lips

BABY stared at her two best friends with a disappointed pout on her lips. They sat far from each other on her couch but there was a tension between them that was suffocating to say the least.

“How long do you think this is going to last?” Percy mused from beside her, his eyes trained on his phone but obviously addressing Colin and Brielle's mood.

Sliding into a barstool at his side, Baby dropped her head onto his arm and sighed, “I have no idea. You think we should say something?”

Percy set his phone down and pat her head softly, “It's not our place. Just act like everything is fine and one of them is bound to get tired of pretending. My bets on Brielle.”

"Because Colin is a scaredy cat?” Baby offered.

Percy breathed out a soft laugh, “That exactly.”

Meanwhile, Brielle and Colin stared at the television screen definitely not paying any attention to the show playing.

Brielle was tense and in desperate need of air as she curled up on one end of the couch. She didn't dare glance at Colin in fear of letting anything slip. Her lip was trapped between her teeth, hands burrowed into the material of her hoodie pocket.

On the other end of the couch, Colin felt like the biggest idiot on earth as he kept looking at Brielle and receiving no indication that she was bothered in the slightest by the heavy air between them. He was bothered, very bothered. If he had known that his honesty would lead to a cold sheet of indifference being pulled up between them, he would have kept his mouth shut.

♥️

Waking up next to Baby was one of Percy's favorite things to do. He cherished the first few minutes or hours of time he had to admire her for all she was. And all she was, in one word, was lovely. It was no different knowing that they weren't alone in her apartment and Brielle and Colin occupied the guest room and living room.

His eyes lingered on every feature he had already burned into his memory. The wildness of her hair, the way her eyelashes brushed the tops of her cheekbones. The soft slope of her nose and the pout of her lips. He brought his hand up to her cheek and thumbed the soft skin, smiling when her pout became more prominent.

A breathless sigh left his lips as he felt his admiration for the woman beside him well up in his chest. He felt as if his world began and ended with her, and he hoped with everything in him that she felt the same way.

Baby's eyes fluttered open and her groggy morning voice whined out between them, “Are you being creepy again?”

His lips stretched into a smile, “Good morning.”

She scrunched her nose at him but threw a leg over his waist and nuzzled into his neck, “Mornin'.”

His arms wrapped around her tightly and he laughed, “What's gotten into you?” He questioned her unexpected moodswing.

Then he felt a gentle kiss pressed to his neck instead of a reply. Baby kissed his skin softly, trailing up his neck to the spot beneath his ear and back down.

Unable to say anything, Percy let his head fall back into the pillows and bared his neck for her to explore. That she did, placing kisses into the juncture between his neck and shoulder, her warm hands clutching his arms as she did so.

He breathed out a pleased sigh when she bit down softly and soothed the burn with her tongue.

When Baby finally finished marking his skin, she kissed his cheek and pulled him in for a kiss.

His face was warm when she thread her fingers into his hair and tugged gently as his lips parted beneath hers. Her tongue met his in a slow sensual movement and he was happy that they made brushing their teeth at night a habit.

Baby whined into his mouth when his hands gripped her waist and pressed her impossibly close to his body, his arms circled around her and he rolled onto his back swiftly.

She straddled him easily in that position and disconnected their lips to look at him, “Can, can I make you feel good?” Her eyes darted across his features hesitantly.

It was obvious that she was straddling a certain hardness between them and Percy nodded slowly even as his ears burned at her offer.

He always wondered why he felt so shy when they began exploring less than innocent territory in their relationship, but looking into Baby's dark eyes made him feel as if he was under a spell. His restraint and pride had long ago left as soon as she took initiative.

That was why when she reached down between their bodies, Percy's entire body became pliant under her hands and he put a hand to his mouth to stop from cursing.

_______

Edited. (hmm. A little.)

authors note: the next chapter is a continuation of this one.