• Love Pt. 1 •

C h a p t e r
F i f t y - O n e

BABY watched Brielle and Collin laugh underneath their breaths at the other side of the circular booth

BABY watched Brielle and Collin laugh underneath their breaths at the other side of the circular booth. The aura around them had shifted since the last time Baby saw them. Something both light and intense wrapping itself tightly around them.

She smiled to herself in thought, maybe they've finally worked things out. Good for them.

"I think they fucked.” Percy whispered to her as he slid into the booth beside her. His untimely arrival made Baby jolt in her seat and glare at him as best as she could.

Her voice was soft even though she scolded him, “Don't say it like that.”

He hummed and childishly mocked her underneath his breath while he put a straw in her soda before searching the menu on the table with his eyes.

“What do you want to eat? They have a lot of options.” Percy mused, looking at her and finding her gaze on him already.

She shrugged, “Anything with barbecue sauce, and chicken.”

He nodded and looked back at the menu.

Baby smiled contentedly enjoying the fact that for the first time in months, she was genuinely at peace. Everything felt right in the present moment. She was with people she loved and was certain that they loved her just as much.

This must be what heaven feels like.

♥️

“Percy?” She called out to Percy from where she stood in front of her closet.

He replied shortly after the shower turned off, “Yeah?”

Her lips turned up into a small questioning smile when Percy walked into her room with a towel around his waist and another wrapped around his head, his face stark white due to the facemask he had applied. Without her help no less, he was really stepping into the glamorous girl thing.

“Did you sort my closet?” She asked.

His face morphed into a guilty expression, "Kinda, well yes. I brought too much clothes over last time and just decided to pack it away neatly on a whim.” He looked as if he were worried she would be aggravated by his actions as if Baby was even capable of getting even mildly annoyed with him.

Her dimple popped as she pursed her lips, "You know, it's nice actually.”

Percy made a sound of surprise, “Really?”

She nodded and admitted, “When you're gone it feels less lonely when your things are still here.”

♥️

Brielle pressed her cheek against Baby's as she hugged her, one of her hands prodding Baby's other plump cheek.

“Ugh, I wanna squish you forever. Thank you for kicking the boys out.”

Baby giggled and shook her head in Brielle's hold, “You can't squish me forever, we have to gossip about them while they're gone.”

Releasing her, the other girl sat back into the couch and sighed, “I'm in a mess.”

________

Not Edited.

authors note: honestly, I keep dividing chapters because... because I can.