All actors on set? No! There are more coming...

Start from the beginning

"Sir, please. Just give me another opportunity. I will surely get you the stain and Shuri-sama. Please, let me show you what I can do" Unsightly pleading, Sanzou muttered.

"No need. I already learned of your caliber. I doubt you will do better even if I gave you hundreds of opportunities. When you come back, we will discuss what to do with you. There isn't a reason for you to stay there anymore. Bring your people with you. I heard about your methods... there will be some explanations you will need to give me in person" Coldly speaking, the clan head finished the communication.

Left with several excuses and pleas in his mouth, Sanzou had to swallow them back. Grinding his teeth, he hatefully glared at the talisman before he ripped it off.

"S-sir? W-what should be done? If we go back as it is, we will most likely..." Nervously speaking, one of his followers muttered only to close his mouth when Sanzou glared at him.

"...I know that. Before that man arrives, we must at least get rid of the stain. If we manage to accomplish that... We might have a chance to avoid a harsh judgment. The problem is... they are being protected by someone, and those people are covering their tracks so I have not been able to get a clue of who they might be" Said Sanzou.

The follower from before timidly raised his hand and when Sanzou gave a nod in approval, he began talking.

"Aren't they crows too? Maybe the 'lighting' sent them?" The followers offered a possible answer.

However, Sanzou immediately shook his head in denial.

"They wouldn't hide their tracks this much. To show the clan that they are protecting that stubborn woman and the stain, they might even act more openly. But these guys... just beat us and steal our money, taking our appearances is a trick they use to confuse us before striking. There is no excessive violence either... *Sigh* I can't fathom their reasons" Spoke Sanzou in a low tone. "Moving at night is our last opportunity. We will set up a ward to alert us of anyone getting close to us. Contact those practitioners tell them that there is a new job. Make use of them the best you can. While they distract those guys defending the sleeping pair, we sneak in and finish the job ourselves".

Finishing explaining, Sanzou produced two talismans from the chest pocket of his suit. Looking at the numerous symbols on them, he bitterly put them back. No matter how much he worked on them, he was never given enough time to use it. The attacks they receive are well coordinated. Particularly, the one who takes his own appearance is a rather scary opponent who knocks down anyone he hits with one strike. Even if they have no time to enhance their defense spells, he did not think it would make much of a difference considering their abilities.

Was this the limit he could accomplish? Could he become stronger in some other way?

He had been contacted once by a group asking him to join him... offering him power. That suspicious group considered him one of them... but he did not find the offer attractive when he knew nothing of the other party.

Now though... No, he can't be thinking that way. He has goals to accomplish between the clan. By his hand, he will grow his influence. There was no need for meddlesome people to get involved.

Taking a spot high up on a tree in vicinity of the Shrine, I was in my cat form. The girls did not like when I took a night shift to keep watch over Shuri-san and Akeno-chan. Complaining was mostly done by Kuroka-chan who did not feel comfortable if we were too far apart. Shirone-chan even asked me if I was going to leave them. That was a critical hit for me. It took a lot of head pats on my part to make them happy. The silly girls were lonely, but I was going to spoil them after this matter was finished so I apologized in my heart for the time being.