Chapter 13

It's finally nighttime. The time you've never thought would come so quick. Also the time you have not been waiting for. As anxious as you were, you were waking back and forth at home. You didn't know whether to go to the airport to meet Vincenzo or go to my girlfriend...

"F*ck it!" I said grabbing my phone and immediately calling Lena to meet up at the park.

The phone beeps and beeps no signs of Lena responding so you rushed out the door to her house.

***

Out of breath, you've finally arrived. You knock on the door hoping for her to open the door as it was already midnight.

And in no time the door swept open only to see you're beautiful girlfriend in front of your eyes. So you smile and giggled at her before dragging her out of the house.

"W-What are you doing its friking midnight and I'm sleepy babes!" She shouted quietly.

"We need to talk like there's no time to waste."

"Talk about what?"

"I'm only saying this once and for all so listen carefully okay?" I said prepared to cry in front of her.

"I'm breaking up with you... I love you and always will. Things have been complicated so far in my life and I don't want our relationship to ruin it even more. I deeply love you but I don't think we can work this out anymore..."

"B-but we've been in a healthy relationship so far and you've told me everything about you, how come you haven't told me you've gone through stuff?" She responded whilst crying her eyes out and still holding onto my hands.

As soon as she said that, my heart broke into pieces. It hurt me having to say things to her. I actually fell for so hard...

"P-please understand this situation, can we at least be friends.." I said still crying nonstop.

I wanted to hear her say she loved me, I wanted to hug her so tight without letting go. I don't want her to suffer after breaking up...

"I understand... w-we can be friends." She stated, immediately hugging me tight the next second. "Promise me we'll be in contact."

"I promise..."

"I've got to go now, let's talk later," I Said whilst walking away and waving her goodbye whilst smiling and vice versa.

Lena's pov:

*Guess that is the last time I'll ever see him* I thought.

*Brrr it's cold, imma run home* I thought whilst running back home.

A few seconds later I bump into a mysterious guy not mean to.

"Oh, my bad- Elijah?" I Said whilst looking up towards him finding out who it was.

"Been long hasn't it? Since elementary school" He said whilst giggling.

"What are you doing here? It's midnight already.." I Said whilst looking shy.

"Midnight wall I guess, to get things out of my head. I also live near cause I moved in yesterday.

"Really? That's so cool! My house is just right around the corner. I'm here because I was talking to my ex.." I said whispering the last few words.

"Oh that's nice, guess we'll see each other more often. What's you're number, so we can keep in touch?"

I give him my number whilst blushing and smiling at him. And proceeded to walk back home. "See you later!"

He is my childhood crush if you were wondering. I didn't get to meet him anymore after I heard that he was moving.
I guess this is fate.