Chapter 5

An hour later
As I'm sitting down on my comfy chair; I start to swing on it. I was expecting a call from my mother. I didn't want to call her first because I didn't know what she was doing at the time. I didn't want to disturb.

I sigh and glance over the Boss not meaning to.

"What is it?" He asked, catching me looking at him.

"N-nothing.." I respond whilst blushing hard and swinging my chair back to its original place.

I stood up and started to walk back and forth in the office in a slow pace. I was still anticipating a call from my mother. I needed to know her conditions since she was in the hospital today.

"Are you okay?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yes master, I'm just waiting for a call from my mother that's all." I Assure him. Still walking back and forth.

5 mins later

As I'm still worried, I hear my phone ring from my desk. I quickly walk towards my desk ready to pick up my phone.

"If you'll excuse me, I got to take this call master." I quickly stated.

He gave me a nod indicating it was alright of me taking the call. So I rushed outside the office to take it.

***

"Mother, are you alright? You're not hurt right?" I rapidly stated, sweating from anxiousness.

"Yes yes my son, I've just been discharged right now. Don't you worry."

I gave her a big sigh indicating I was relieved of what I heard. "Thank God. I'm sorry I wasn't aware of this I was very busy with work and stuff. I promise I'll come home early."

"No no son, you can come as late as you want. I'm not forcing you to worry about me. I'm fine as always sweetheart." She assures me.

"You sure?"

"Yes Son Yes." She giggles as she reassured me.

I felt like I was a bad son not able to look after my mother well. Hence why I felt guilty not making it home early enough everyday.

"When I come home, I'll prepare you a huge dinner tonight. I'm a great chef after all!" I excitedly replied.

I wanted to make it up to her, so I decided to cook her a lot of food. Especially, her favorite ones.

"Oh son, thank you. Let's just hope I'll be able to finish them all." She giggles.

After 10 minutes of talking.

"Carlos! I need you here now!"

"Mother, I've got to go now. My boss is calling me."

"Oh thats Okay, you go work hard son!"

"Love you lots!" I hurriedly spit out of my mouth before I ended the call and rushed inside the office room.

***

"Yes master?" I replied whilst bowing.

"I need you to take these files on my hand and organize them.Oh and don't forget those ones on the table and those ones over there. On the shelf. Moreover, the huge stack of files on my desk, thank you." He states, pointing towards every possible place you can organize files.

I was get more anxious as he points around. I feel like he was overworking me and I don't even know when I'll ever get to finish before going home.

I promised mother I would cook for her but it's getting late and it's not looking too promising I'm afraid...

"This is so much!" I whispered to myself.

"Sorry?!" He asked. Noticing I was speaking to myself.

I decided to tell him what I thought about the task as I wanted him to reduce it. I needed to get home fast.

"I was just saying how it's a lot and I don't think I can-"

"Stop complaining and do the work unless you want to get fired or worse... punished.." Remarked the boss with a serious tone. Staring into my soul.

"I'll get right to it.." i replied with a disappointing tone.

Now there's no way I'll ever get to go home. If I'm lucky enough I'll be there by 10pm if not 1am at latest. I was so worried about my mother.