Chapter 1

My eyes are fixated onto the computer's screen right in front of me. I've got my e-mail inbox open and ready to click on it. I cross my  fingers hoping for good news.

I gasped on what I just saw. My eyes were widening quickly. "I've got the job!" I process on shouting across the room. Loud enough to get my mother's attention.

"Oh wonderful!" Replied my mother in tears. Relaxed on the couch whilst clapping on my success.

"And their paying what I asked for." I said in tears. I couldn't believe that after 3 years of trying to find a job fitted for me, I finally got the news that I was hoping for.

"Oh honey, I'm so happy for you." She says in addition. "So what kind of job did you apply for?"

"Becoming an assistant of a boss named Vincenzo Rossi..." I Remarked slowly backing up and thinking about the name I just read of the email.

"Hold on, Vincenzo Rossi! He- he is the most famous Mafia in the world!?" I gasped to myself.

"You said what?!" Questioned my mother.

"Exactly nothing I said." I slowly remarked, running up the stairs hoping for her to forget about what she heard.

She can't know about him; he's a threat to her and I wanna be able to protect her from any kind of violence. She's my mother after all.

~~~~~~~
-Next day-

"I'm off to work!" I shouted hoping for mother to hear me as I was far away from her at the time.

"See you later sweetheart!" She shouts back.

I felt nervous whilst walking down the streets contemplating about what kind of things I need to do for the boss.

It was indeed my first time ever working for other people. I'm so used to work for myself but I guess it has changed now. I am excited but afraid at the same time.

***

I've arrived at the office and my reaction was immaculate. My pupils started widening as I witness the spectacular landscape in front of my beautiful eyes.

***

"Excuse me Miss, I'm looking for the boss's office?" I asked the receptionist kindly. "I'm new here and I'm now working as a secretary for the boss Vincenzo Rossi. You see I got accept-"

"Vincenzo? Wow, he hasn't hired a secretary in years. I'm telling you; you're the lucky one."
She whispers whilst leaning towards me covering her left side of her face whilst processing on spitting out the last few words. Almost as if she didn't want others to know.

"Oh really? That's like so nice." I giggled to myself sarcastically.

"Here is your ID card and you may go to his office. On the last floor. Make sure to knock first; he will punish you if you don't." Warns the receptionist.

***

Three knocks I made on his door. I felt superior to others as I am allowed in his office. Pretty sure the others aren't.

"Come in." I heard him say in the deepest voice I ever heard.

"Carlos, am I right?" He said sat down on his comfy chair. He wasn't even facing me but the wide windows in front.

"Yes it is."

"I want you to call me master.." he remarked whilst spinning his chair back to me, legs crossed and a cigarette in his mouth and processing on sucking on the cigarette and releasing smoke from his lungs out the mouth.

"Yes master.." I respond.