Chapter 9

============
~3 months later~

Boss's pov:

A big sigh I take, lifting my feet off the little chair in front of me. I was feeling so stressed that I decided to go out for a smoke. I needed it.

***

"Boss, what do you want me to do with these documents?" Asked one of the employees whilst I walk down the hallway with a cigarette in my mouth ready to light it up.

"Just, throw them away." I responded, not even being conscious enough to comprehend what the lady asked.

"But-"

"THROW THEM AWAY I SAID!" I accidentally shouted, flicking the documents resulting in the papers flying everywhere. Consequently, her also being pushed down. And bringing more attention to myself from the other employees.

"Sorry.." I quietly replied walking away. Trying to reduce the attention on me.

***

I felt destroyed and didn't feel valued anymore. I couldn't believe how I used to be a well-known Mafia. Now an unknown Boss of a stupid office that bear amount of people has acknowledged in the preceding 5 years working here.

For the first time in years, I felt like crying. Not just crying though. Also screaming my lungs out because of how tired life is.

You may be thinking on how fake I am right now but no. I have suffered through my whole life. I'm just good at hiding it, 'sometimes.'

***

The moment I put my head down on the railing of the stairs ready to cry my eyeballs out; I felt a gaze behind me. It was another employee.

"Sir, there's a new person who would like to work here, should I-"

"Let them know I'm not hiring anyone at the moment." I reply quickly getting off the railing.

"Got it." She responded.

You may be wondering why I'm not hiring anyone right now. It's because I don't feel like I need anyone at the moment. Im working very well alone, being my own boss. It felt great actually. For now...

***

"Great work guys, no need to overwork yourself. Have a good rest tonight." I said to every employee in the meeting whilst I get up from my chair ready to handshake the workers.

Once everyone had left i immediately turned into a different person. As if I changed my whole personality trait.

It was a dark Thursday night where I felt confused on things going on.

I start to walk towards the big windows to my side and starting glancing over the city. I'm telling you, the view was fascinating.

Left hand in one pocket and the other holding the cigarette ready to smoke. Whilst tears start to fall down my poor face indicating I was feeling... sad.

In that moment, I was thinking of the past. By the past I mean last month. The month I spent with my secretary. Confused I definitely was, on why I decided to tear up about him.

I felt like there was a missing piece and I think it was him. Throughout this month, I was stressed and feeling sick because he wasn't there with me. When I woke up, when I worked, when I slept. No where he was.

I feel like I am developing something for him, almost as if I loved him romantically.
Now that I think more about it, I miss him...