𝟒𝟑

They were back to square one.

Han and Frankie just took three steps back in their relationship.

They were not on speaking terms as of this moment.

No one dared to ask either of them what was happening, especially since Mia had warned them about Frankie's temper. The last time she'd seen Frankie angry was around their father's passing and Dom coming home, but Mia didn't see her in the club with Han. She managed to kick a man's ass who was three times her size, knocking him unconscious.

None of them wanted to get on her bad side.

The group was pushing either Brian or Gisele to talk to Frankie, but they knew her too well to get involved. They wanted to stay out of it until she reached out to them first. Mia was pregnant so she didn't want to even think about what her little sister would do if she meddled.

Frankie was a private person who liked to suffer in silence if that wasn't already clear. She didn't care what anyone thought she should do, she would ask for help when she needed it the most.

For now, she'd stick to helping Tej with the mock track.

Tej didn't realise that Frankie knew what she was doing when it came to circuits and technology. He thought she was another pretty girl with a dark past who was into cars, which wasn't right of him to just assume.

They were similar in some ways.

The point of the track was to figure out how fast they could drive without being seen by the cameras.

They had to be fast.

They had to be invisible.

They had to be furious.

One glimpse of them on the camera and it was over. However, Frankie wasn't participating in this part of the plan.

Brian was the first one to get started, Frankie sitting on the stool between Mia and Tej.

The three of them were like one giant brain. They were the nerds of the group.

Mia looked at her little sister, lightly smiling to herself when she realised that little Isabella was no longer a child.

She was a woman now.

Her heart ached for Frankie, hoping that she'd have the happy ending she deserved. Mia hoped that they pulled this off. Frankie deserved to be with her son and live a beautiful life, even if they were wanted fugitives.

Mia reached her hand to her sister's face, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Frankie didn't flinch at her older sister's touch. Mia used to do things like this all the time when she was younger. Frankie sometimes enjoyed that her siblings viewed her as a baby, even if they took it seriously by not letting her in on the secrets they held.

Mia looked around, making sure that Han or the others weren't paying attention to them. She couldn't make sure they weren't listening, so she decided to speak in a language she knew they wouldn't understand.

Portuguese.

Frankie stopped conversing with Tej, turning to the screens. Mia mentally made the sign of the cross and took a deep breath.

"Você contou a ele sobre o bebê?"

Frankie snapped her head in Mia's direction, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Ele sabe," the younger sighed, leaning forward.

"Você está falando sério?" Mia's eyes widened, wanting to scream.