𝟑𝟒

It was a while before Dom went to trial and got himself a lawyer that wasn't doing shit. 

Frankie knew good and well that her brother wasn't going back to prison. They were going to have to drag him into that cell, kicking and screaming. He wouldn't go willingly. All that running would've been for nothing. At least they all knew and respected him for doing the right thing. 

Unfortunately, a lifetime of wrongs could not be undone by bringing down a known drug trafficker. The judge tried his best to take into consideration that Dom did the right thing, but it could not make up for everything.

Dom had made so many mistakes, that the judge felt sorry for him. 

The ruling was hard to watch. Frankie heard the judge give her brother twenty-five years to life, which he would serve at Lompoc. 

The place he promised he would never go back to. It was also the maximum sentence. 

Brian didn't take the ruling well and neither did Mia. 

Frankie, however, came up with a plan. 

It wasn't like her to come up with plans like this, especially after the last plan she made failed miserably and she got kidnapped. 

Frankie still had cuts and bruises on her face from Fenix. 

Before execution, she had someone that she needed to see. There was a goodbye she had to make before she put herself on a most wanted poster. She had to do it or else she'd never forgive herself. 

There were so many things she had to do before it all went to shit, but she didn't have enough time. The most important thing on her list was her son. Her son who had no idea that his mother even existed. 

Frankie got out of her car, the Chevelle that she hadn't driven in a long time and had been collecting dust. 

The woman was unrecognisable with her pin-straight shoulder-length, jet-black hair with dark sunglasses covering her eyes. She wore jeans and a white long-sleeve T-shirt, nothing too extravagant. 

It was a warm day. A very nice day. Children were running around in the park, buying ice cream and just being kids. Frankie remembered when she was this young and her father would take her to the park after school. It was things like this that made her miss her childhood, not a lot of people could say that their father had been there for things like this. 

This was all so bittersweet.

There was play equipment, Frankie noticed a small boy with the curliest hair and reading glasses playing with a group of kids his age in the sand that surrounded the structure. He was smiling and laughing.

He also had a teddy bear with him, holding it close as if it were a real person. It made her melt because she recognised the stuffed animal. It used to be hers. 

Her heart felt full watching him enjoy his childhood. 

After her father died, Frankie didn't have a childhood like this. She could barely remember playing in the park with her friends or having any friends because she was grieving. It was a shame that grieving the loss of her father meant she couldn't remember most of her childhood.

She took a seat on the bench beside a man who was also watching the boy play. He had a book in his lap and a small bag beside him to fit stuff a young boy would need to help him get through the day. 

"I almost didn't recognise you with the short black hair." 

She smiled, "It wasn't my choice." 

James turned to her, getting a good look at her. He was going to have to get used to this new look of hers.