𝟐𝟖

What happened last night made her feel so dirty. Everything about it, not just the part when she was in the bathroom with Gisele.

Particularly the events that happened later that night.

It was like Fenix knew that she did something stupid last night. Like he just knew that she kissed Gisele and helped Brian with the snooping.

He was rough last night, wanting to punish her for something. He didn't even explain when it was over. It made her feel sick to her stomach.

How could anyone treat someone the way Fenix was treating her?

How could any man treat a woman like this?

Frankie sat in the bathtub, knees hiked up to her chest as she rested her chin on them. She felt so disgusted with herself.

How could she do that to Han?

She needed to talk to him.

Footsteps caught her attention, but she didn't look at the person who entered the bathroom.

Fenix.

He stood over her, running his hand over her wet hair before pressing his lips to her forehead while bending over. She still didn't look at him. She didn't smile. She wanted him to know that she was upset with him for being so rough with her and not giving a reason.

He moved her hair away from her neck and shoulders so he could see what he left on her skin. Frankie didn't flinch as he touched her, she just kept her eyes on the water as she sat there. He didn't say anything, he just looked at her skin and left the bathroom.

He would be gone all day and night.

This meant that Frankie could sneak out and sneak back in before he got back.

She'd been waiting for this opportunity for the longest time.

She needed to get out of there.

Once she was sure that he was gone, she got out of the tub and drained it before getting ready.

She left immediately.

Frankie was walking down the road of the neighbourhood she grew up in, playing with her hands and it didn't feel the same.

Her eyes landed on her house, which looked sad and bland. It wasn't like how it used to be. It broke Frankie's heart, but there was nothing she could do.

Every time she looked at the driveway she remembers when Jesse died and she got shot.

She remembered everything going to shit that day— that year.

Frankie slowly walked up the driveway, heading for the garage because the door was agape. She slowly opened the door and went inside. She turned on the light to see it was all still the same.

The only thing that she could see that was different was the Charger.

It was barely a car anymore.

Someone had been working on it since the crash.

Frankie thought it would've gotten thrown somewhere in a junkyard. She sighed to herself, pulling her hair up into a ponytail before deciding to get her hands a little greasy. She was supposed to be working for Braga as a mechanic, but that lasted a week.

She looked around, realising that Dom had been in here due to an empty glass bottle of Corona and she smiled.

She truly missed him even though they saw each other two days ago.

Frankie pulled out all the tools, beginning to finish off whatever was started here. Frankie was so focused on the car, pulling things apart and wiping her hands on her shirt, that she barely heard the footsteps that were getting louder and closer.