𝟑𝟔

"The American fugitives killed three DEA agents during a train robbery... Police warn that they are armed and extremely dangerous. Anyone with information should contact law enforcement immediately."

That's what Frankie heard when she turned on her radio this afternoon.

She was pissed, as usual.

Frankie didn't know the details of the job that her family was pulling, but she knew that they wouldn't kill DEA agents in broad daylight. No sane person would do that. They were smarter than that.

She didn't know if she should sit and wait it out, or go down to the garage where she knew they would find refuge.

Honestly, she was worried about leaving her house.

She did it anyway.

She grabbed her gun and shoved it into the back of her jeans, heading out the door with sunglasses covering her face and looking over her shoulder every chance she got. If she kept doing that, she was going to make it obvious that she was afraid of something.

Frankie was steady with her steps and did a few breathing exercises to keep herself calm.

Nothing would happen to her.

She was safe.

No one was going to hurt her.

She constantly had to remind herself that ever since the whole Braga thing.

She wasn't as fragile as she used to be, but she still had to reassure herself that she was okay.

Fenix was dead and she had her family.

Sort of.

When she reached their safe space and entered, she was almost hit in the head with a metal pipe and left brain-damaged. Mia needed to stop grabbing random objects to hit her with when she appeared.

This has been happening too often.

Besides, the metal pipe wasn't going to do the same thing that Frankie could do with the gun in the back of her shorts.

Frankie also realised that there was no sight of Dom or Brian.

Mia was alone with a Ford GT40, which wasn't here before.

This didn't look good. Where did they get this car? Why was it here?

"Where did you get this?" She motioned to the blue vehicle that would make her swoon any other day, but right now she was nervous to hear her older sister's answer.

Mia sighed, "Job went south. Brian and Dom aren't back yet. I have no idea where Vince went. They told me to bring the car here and wait."

Frankie didn't like the way this was starting to sound.

The short-haired woman looked at the car, "Please don't tell me what they're saying on the radio is true?"

Mia shrugged, she didn't know what happened. She just knew that Dom and Brian wouldn't do that.

"I was gone before it happened, but we didn't have any guns."