Episode 52 "Fire in the Ice" Part 2

Start from the beginning

Because of the force my helmet flew off as I hit my head on the ground making me groan and knock out for a few minutes. When I wake up I see Temp and Wendell on their knees looking down at me as Booth was there as well as they all sigh in relief as I say, "Hey Temp... What are you doing on the ice?" "I got nervous when you fall down and don't get up." I then look at Wendell, "Oh, hey you... I finally understand your brain being scrambled... it feels very funny but painful." Wendell nods, "Yes it does. Let's get you up." "Uhh... Thanks, but could you carry me. I don't feel like walking... or skating right now." "Sure, but we need to make sure you get checked up." Great... my nurse is going to get mad at me again for getting hurt again." Temp took off my gloves and carried it as I slowly stand up with the help of Wendell as I hear people murmuring that I was a girl playing with them the whole time and a pretty one at that... but I didn't pay to much attention as I was still out of it."

Wendell picks me up easily carrying me as I see Warren as Wendell says, "Don't worry, I got the blood." "Great work, sis." I pat his cheek as Temp says, "But I'm your sister." "Oh right... Could we have some ice cream later, I think we should get some since we are amazing." Wendell then says as we got out of the rink taking me to the first aid to check me up, "We need to get you checked up first." I looked at him seeing two of him, "How about after... there's two of you and I need only one of you Bub's to take me." I see him chuckle a little, "You really need to be checked out, but I promise I will take you to get ice cream later all right." I smile, "You're the best Bub. I would give you a kiss right now, but I am out of it and need permission.

I am know back at the apartment with Hodgins and Wendell eating ice cream as Wendell holds an ice pack on my head. We all stare at the fish tank as Hodgins says, "There has got to be some reason these fish died of ammonia poison." Wendell adds, "Last time I did this, I ended up in juvie hall over the weekend." I then ask, "What sorry, I didn't hear you. My head is hurting a bit right now a bit more to the left side." "Uh, nothing..." He moves the ice to the left a bit as groan a bit, "Sorry, is that better?" "Yup." Hodgins puts his hand inside the fish tank as he asks, "Why are you here Venus, if you are hurt?" "Oh, I need to stay awake." Wendell adds, "And Dr. Brennan couldn't stay with her all day because of the case and I didn't want her to stay alone just in case she accidently sleeps so she needs to stay next to me." "Then what's with the ice cream?" I answered, "I wanted ice cream... why? You want some?" "No, I'm good. Wow." He takes out a handful of jewelry, "Buried treasure." We look at it as Wendell asks, "What do we do now?" "Find out why the hell he was hiding jewelry in a fish tank." I then recalled something, "I know I have a head injury... but I feel like we did something wrong... let's call Cam... she will remember for me."

We are in the FBI Headquarters with Cam, Payton, and Caroline as she says, "Have any of you ever heard of something called 'chain of evidence'?" Payton then tried to speak, "Ms. Julian..." "Why didn't you go with these two idiots to the victim's home?" Cam then says, "Please don't call my people idiots." Hodgins says, "We're not idiots. Plus there is three of us." Caroline looks at me as I placed a new ice pack on my head as I say, "That's what I forgot..." "Little Cherie here get's a pass since she actually got a head injury to make her like that." Wendell then says, "I feel like an idiot." I pat his head, "You're too good for us..." Cam then says, "You don't speak right now, neither of you three. It's a crime scene. My people are very often at crime scenes. It's what we do." Caroline shakes her head, "No, it's not. You've got it in your heads that you're crime scene types. This is Booth's fault for indulging your fantasies. You're not crime scene types. You are lab rats."

I then speak, "No chain of evidence was broken. When we found the items, we immediately called Cam." Cam nods, "I called Booth, and when he also got a head injury and hurt to much to talk to me, I called Agent Perotta." Payton then says, "Ms. Julian..." "What?" "A photograph of dead fish led them to this. I think that kind of brilliance is worth it." I then say, "She's so sweet... Could we keep her?" Caroline says, "You've been taken hostage by the squints, Agent Perotta. Turns out these items were reported destroyed in a fire." I nod, "The victim was a fireman." Wendell adds, "The FBI could check to see if the Firedawgs put out that fire." Hodgins adds, "Stole from the fire, cleaned off with ammonia." I continued, "Hidden in the aquarium, killed the fish... Booth really influence us..." Caroline nods, "Yes... you guys got it right. The bracelet Agent Booth and Perotta recovered from the victim's loan shark was reported destroyed by that same fire." Payton then says, "Hmm. My people were right." Cam, Caroline, and I ask, "Your people?" I continue, "I thought we are with Booth... right?" I looked at the boys as they nod, "We're Booth's people."

I had to stay as Booth and figured out that our suspect is among three of the victims friends that he works with and play's with. Wendell is also stayed as to keep an eye on me. Temp and Booth are here as we interrogate the three friends in the conference room as Payton walks around the room asking, "We want to discuss the jewelry store fire." The first suspect says, "I want a lawyer." The second suspect then says, 'What for, Alex? We didn't do anything wrong. None of us did." Booth then asks, "What about Pete?" Payton adds, "He break some kind of fireman code, something like that?" The third suspect nods, "Something like that." The first suspect then says, "I've got nothing to say about any of this. I want a lawyer." I then speak, "We know Carlson was beaten with a hockey stick, after which a lace puller entered his brain through his eye and killed him." Wendell adds, "Brutal." I nod agreeing as Booth then says, "What about your dream, Ed? You were gonna play for the NHL, right? 'Local player scouted by the NHL.' Look at that. Oh, this one's good, too. 'Fralic's hat trick wins game." The third suspect looks at the paper, "I got injured." Temp adds, "This injury would end any chance of a career in professional hockey."

The second suspect then asks, "What does that have to do with anything?" The third suspect then says, "Look, I got hurt, now I sell siding and I play hockey on the weekends." The first suspect than says, "Why you got to rub his face in the past" I then ask, "Who ruined you?" "Pete Carlson. It was Pete." Wendell then says, "That sucks." I nod, "That would make me upset too." Booth then says to them, "You all knew about the stolen jewelry." Payton asks, "How many of you were there the night he was killed?" The second suspects then says, "Nobody here had anything to do with that." I then add, "We have the hockey stick, the murder weapon and DNA." Booth adds, "It's only a matter of time." It was quite for a good minute as the the third suspect then speaks, "Yeah." The other two looked at him, "What?" "It was me. I asked to meet Pete on the ice after everybody left. I told him to give back the stolen jewelry, and he said to me... He said to me that I was a... a coward. That I didn't do anything to him back in the day when he wrecked my life and I wouldn't do anything to him now. Well, he was wrong." They had arrested him and how the case closes.

Booth who also somehow got a head injury and I that can't go to sleep yet, we decided to go back to the ice rink and just skate. Booth, Wendell, and I are skating with ease as Temp was struggling a bit as she says, "I'm not positive this is a good idea." She then slips and falls onto the ground as Booth goes over and help her up, "Oh, I got you. I got you. Stay up here. Okay, it's all right." I chuckle a bit at them as Wendell skates next to me as I say, "This is fun, relaxing." He smiles, "Yes, it is. you got to stay up all night. So what's the best way to keep you awake than to be skating in the cold." We laugh as I do a little turn making me skate backwards as Wendell chuckles, "Careful or your going to hurt yourself again." I chuckle, "True, but you will catch me right?" "Yeah, I will." We smile at each other as Wendell trips about to fall down as I caught him as I chuckle, "Or I will catch you when you fall." He nods a bit embarrassed, "Yeah... Thanks..." He then get's off of me as we just looked at each other again for a moment then look away laughing, enjoying ourselves. We decided to catch up with Booth and Temp and skate while talk about random things.

*******************************************************************************************

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN "BONES". IT IS OWNED BY JOSEPHSON ENTERTAINMENT, BY HART HANSON. I ONLY CLAIM MY CHARACTER VENUS BRENNAN. I ALSO DON'T OWN ANY OF THE IMAGES. THANK YOU.