Chapter - 95 | Topsy - Turvy

Start from the beginning

Everyone's trance was broken when they heard a shrill, crying voice.

"Mumma..." 

*sniff* *sniff* Tiny fingers clutching the hem of her Mum's kurta followed.

By this time, everyone was feeling the pain of Mimi's tears.

"Laddoo..."

"Mumma ko peeshh theek kal do naa... Aapko to jaadoo aata haina..." She begged him to use his magic to heal her Momma.

"Shona..." Anokhi's voice broke seeing her baby girl crying for her. Before she could lift her hand to caress her Shona, someone else had already taken over.

"Princess..." His soft voice and kind touch on her hair made Mimi look at him.

"Main hoon na Princess..."

"Sab theek ho jaayega... Hmmm ?... Aap ro mat please..." Seeing his beloved Princess in tears hurt him. What an innocent soul she was, crying because her Mumma had burned her hand. Quite similar to him. No ?... When he was a kid, he, like his Princess, would tear up whenever SHE was even slightly hurt.

Shaurya's eyes had blurred by this point from remembering someone, but he was still able to collect himself. Just then, he heard Kitty's voice from afar.

"Reema !..."

He turned his head only to see Kitty running in their direction with an ice pack and a tiny tube, which he soon realized was the ointment. The need to apply them to Anokhi's hands struck him at that moment. Forgetting everything that had happened until then, he turned to face his sister.

"Laao mujhe do..." With a gentle voice, he extended his hand towards her.

Kitty, who was wondering how Shaurya Bhaiya got there, came to her senses after hearing him. Without knowing what to say, she raised her hand and gave him the ice pack while exchanging a glance with her twin sister.

Dimly aware of her surroundings, Anokhi was still in no condition to respond.

Shaurya once glanced at her, and without giving much thought to what others might think of him, he quickly took the ice pack, and taking out his handkerchief from his coat packet, he placed it beneath the ice pack. 

Direct contact with the ice pack and the extreme cold applied to the burn could further "damage" the tissue. But he was mindful enough to not let that happen.

He took her hand in his again, and she didn't seem to mind. He brought her hand to his level and started applying the ice pack with a gentle dapping motion to the burned areas on her hand, wrist, and elbow. Anokhi flinched, and their gazes met once more.

"Am sorry..." he mumbled feebly, regretting his quick act. He prepared himself to do it delicately.

Anokhi, on the other hand, was flummoxed. The dapping was making her pain worse, but she pretended to be unaffected and kept quiet. She herself didn't know why she hadn't stepped back until now. Unsure she was whether to back out and refuse his aid.

Maybe deep down she wanted to let him do what he was doing... Maybe.

But why was he doing all this? What was the point of it all?

Wasn't it just this afternoon that he was clashing with her?... So what does this concern was for?

Everyone around them was just staring at them. Betty and Reema had only been able to make a little sense up to this point. A vague sense that something was undoubtedly "awry" with the two people in front of them.

FF : Dil IbaadatOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara