Chapter - 38 | Escalating Anguish

Here's the 38th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

It was the the next day at college

Anokhi had spent the previous day entirely at home, beside Mimi. She didn't even blink for a second.

She'd use the cold patches on occasion, and Mimi was back to normal after so many attempts. Her fever had gone down, and she was now fine.

Anokhi was scared to death witnessing Mimi's such state. First and foremost, she blamed herself for her daughter's condition, and the fact that Mimi's temperature wasn't dropping had added to her anxiety.

But now, she was relieved and incredibly thankful to Matarani for quickly healing her daughter, and she was able to return to college.

Though she was in no mood to leave her daughter behind, but she had no choice given the circumstances.

So, after a tight hug and a long kiss on her daughter's forehead, and a lovely good-bye, Anokhi was now here at college.

She knew exactly what lay ahead in the day. She was well aware that she would have to face Shaurya Sir's wrath for failing to appear at college on the day of an important test. But she can bear it without objection just for her munchkin.

"Anokhi...", Reema, who was also walking towards the class, called out.

She approached her.

"Anokhi..."

"Mimi kaisi hai yaar..."

"Kal tune mujhe phone par btaaya tha na ki use bohot tez bukhaar hain... Main toh darr hi gayi thi..."

"Btaana... Ab theek haina meri Mimi...", she asked restlessly.

"Haan Reema...", Anokhi said, a faint smile on her friend's protective nature for her daughter.

"Vo ab bilkul theek hai..."

"Hushhh...", Reema exhaled a sigh of relief.

"Mujhe toh tension ho gayi thi yaar tujhe pta hai...", Reema blabbered.

"Achcha Reema..."

"Kal ka test kaisa hua tera ?... Kal toh phone par poochne ka time hi nhi mila..."

"Time kaise milega aapko...", a voice from behind said.

The voice startled both of them, and they turned to see Shaurya Sir standing there.

Anokhi knew what awaited next.

"Time kaise milega aapko Miss Bhalla... Aap itni busy personality jo hai... Poore din aapko bohot important kaam rehte honge naa... Isiliye toh kal ka test miss kar diya..."

"Isn't it ???...", he smirked angrily.

"Shaurya Sir... Maine jaanboojhkar test miss nhi kiya... Mujhe ek emergency thi isiliye-..."