◂ PRECAP ▸

Anokhi couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was more than overjoyed. It was as if she misheard something.

"Aastha Mam aap sach keh rhi hain??..." she exclaimed in happiness.

...

While Bebo and Kitty were getting excited about their weekend plans, they were unaware that their plans had been overheard.

"Oh beta ji!... Ye Aastha Kashyap to badi tez nikli..." In a daze, he uttered.

He stood there pondering what he needed to do right now.

"Ab toh yeh khabar jald se jald Parjai ji ko deni hogi... Unhe to hosh-o-havaas hi nhi iski..." He braced himself to break the news to her.

...

"Baat to sahi hai teri..."

"Hume kabhi mauka hi nhi mila aisa kuch karne ka... Kabhi khyaal hi nhi aaya..." Kitty's voice was tinged with regret, and her twin sister couldn't help but notice. She also realized that their luxurious lifestyle had rendered them so unconcerned about the plight of others that it never occurred to them. But now that they had a chance, they wanted to do it from the bottom of their hearts.

"Koi baat nhi yaar..."

"Der se hi sahi... Hume ehsaas toh hua... Tu udaas mat ho..." Bebo tried to cheer up her sister.

"Achcha ek baat toh poochhna bhool hi gyi tujhse..." she suddenly remembered something,

"Kal ACP Ahir bhi aa rhe haina Anokhi ke saath?..." she inquired.

"Haan... Voh bhi aayenge..."

"Unhone toh fest vaale din hi bol diya tha ki vo humaare is kaam mein zaroor shaamil rahenge..." Kitty responded with a subtle smile.

He stood there rooted at the doorstep. The rest of their words whizzed by his ears, but a few about two people travelling together stuck in his ears. He couldn't get past the statement that the ACP would be accompanying her somewhere. Where to?! And for what reason???... He urgently wanted to know everything.

...

Shaurya sat in the dark, thinking.

"Kitne vakt se jaanta hoon main use..."

"Kabhi is baare mein socha kaise nhi?..." He was just now realizing that he had never really given it much thought. How did he manage to miss that?

He'd known Anokhi for months. How could he have ignored the most important aspect of her all this time?? How could he not give it some thought?

How could he not think about her PAST??