Chapter - 42 | Abandoned Yet Again

Here's the 42th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

It was the following day at college

Shaurya was over with his classes. 

All of his lectures are scheduled only before the break. After it, he returns to his cabin to complete his college work.

Today, he hadn't forgotten about "princess". He had kept the promise in his mind since the morning. 

Since, it was time for Shaurya to take a break from his work, he made the decision to go to the canteen to meet his "princess".

He began to make his way towards the cafeteria. He arrived at the kitchen and was about to enter when he abruptly came to a halt at the door.

He was taken aback by what he saw.

Mimi was there in Reema's arms, talking and smiling to her.

"Reema yaha kya kar rhi hai ? ...", he thought surprised.

"Aur vo bhi Mimi ko jaanti hai ?...", he pondered, puzzled.

"Ho sakta hai vo aise hi canteen aayi ho... Aur chhoti bachchi ko dekhkar usse baat karne lag gayi hogi... Jaise main mila tha usse yaha...", he smiled to himself.

The next moment his gaze was drawn to the woman near the kitchen counter.

His expression changed.

"Miss Bhalla bhi hai yaha...", he said, remembering that she worked in the canteen.

"Ab main princess se kaise milu...", his face turned gloomy which was filled with excitement a few minutes back.

"Main unke saamne toh usse milne nhi jaa sakta..."

"Aur vaise bhi... Abhi toh students' canteen mein aate - jaate rahenge..."

"Kisine mujhe Mimi ke saath dekh liya toh vo kya sochenge... Unka professor yaha chhoti bachchi ke saath baatein kar rha hain...", his childish heart prompted him to think this way.

He reasoned this way because he always maintains a strict demeanor in front of others. He never lets anyone see through him that there's a small child inside him.

He didn't want anyone to see his vulnerable side.

With his "princess", he talks and smiles openly, which he didn't want anyone to see. He wanted it to be just between the two of them.

He took a step back from the door so they couldn't see him.

He couldn't walk away nor step in because he had been looking forward to meet her since the day before.

A thought occurred to him at that precise moment.

"Main ek kaam karta hoon..."

"Break khatam hone ke baad aaunga... Tab toh cafeteria bhi khaali ho jaayega... ", he grinned like a kid.