Chapter - 96 | Kal Ho Naa Ho

Here's the 96th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Anokhi was sitting, seemingly lost in deep thought

Anokhi was sitting, seemingly lost in deep thought. All of the events of the day were flashing through her mind without pause. Something was going on inside her. Something inexplicable was agitating within her.

She recounted his rebuke when she initially refused to let him apply the ointment. Despite his cold tone, what she didn't miss was his eyes. Those softened-looking eyes. Which held concern. But why so? She wanted its answer.

Beyond all of these, why did she find solace in the fact that he was attending to her wounds? Why??... What made her feel this way?

There was no way she could get answers to any of her questions. And that's what's confounding her with the passing time.

Since the time she had reached home, she had been partially lost in thought. Thoughts about him. About his temporary change in behavior. About his care. About his gesture of healing her wounds. About his enigmatic eyes, which were withholding something unsaid while looking at her severely burned hands. All of this was making her feel uncanny. Something strange. Something she was powerless to comprehend and contemplate.

Reema had warned her not to be stressed. And to allow her hand to rest. She had even returned only after preparing her supper. Despite her polite refusal, Reema hadn't listened and had prepared a light meal instead. Anokhi, in turn, had demanded something from Reema. Having dinner with them tonight was all that it was.

Consequently, Reema, Anokhi, and Mimi all had dinner together today. After which, Reema left for her hostel.

Anokhi was deep in thought when she was interrupted by Shona.

"Mumma... Mumma..."

"Apna haath dikhaao..." she lovingly ordered her Momma's hand so she could apply the gel. After putting her Barbie doll to sleep, it was now her Momma's turn to be cared for.

Anokhi turned to face her baby girl, who was holding the used ointment tube that she had placed in the rack when she got home. Seeing Shona, her little girl, caring for her Mumma warmed her heart.

"Meri pyaari Mimi Shona..." Wrapping her arms around the tiny frame, she made her baby girl sit on her lap.

Mimi made herself cozy in her Mum's lap and turned to look at her burnt hand. It hurt her a lot just to look at those blisters. She touched her Momma's hand to lift it up and uttered, in a weak voice, "Mumma..."

Anokhi flinched but was quick to compose herself and not let Shona know she was still in pain.

"Mumma..."

"Dald ho laha hai aapko..." Innocently, she asked.

Wearing a pleasant smile on her face, Anokhi held Shona's hand and responded by nodding her head in a "no."