look after you

warnings: vomiting

age: 19

-

Y/N's POV

"That's it, baby. Let it out," my mom tells me whilst rubbing my back and pulling my hair into a low ponytail to keep it out the way.

A few minutes ago, I woke up from a nap and immediately felt the need to throw up. I'm back from college for the weekend to come and spend time with my mama and just my luck, I'm sick. Tears start rolling down my face as a panic response to the violent force of yesterday's dinner being expelled from my body. I hate being sick. It's the worst feeling ever.

I feel my mama place a soothing, cold hand on the back of my neck.

"You have a temperature, love," she informs me.

I wait a minute to see if my stomach needs more emptying before realizing that it doesn't. With the help of my mama, I make my way back to my bed and get under the covers.

After tucking me in, she goes into my bathroom, returning a few seconds later with a wet washcloth in her hand and I feel the mattress dip down beside me, indicating that she's now laying in my bed too.  The damp cloth is pressed against my forehead and I hear mom starting to sing a Russian lullaby, knowing that it always calms me down whether I'm sick, or just upset about something. Yes, I'm an adult now, but the sound of my mama's singing will never not settle me.

After a few minutes of her singing, I start to feel the bile rising in my throat once again. That's when I realize a bucket has been placed beside my bed, on the floor. I grab it and instantly place it under my chin, expecting to throw up again. Instead, nothing comes up. I'm just dry-heaving. My mom's singing ceases as soon as she sees what's going on. It then changes into her whispering sweet nothings into my ear, aware of how panicked I get around being sick.

"It's okay, lovey. Don't force it out, just let it happen if it's going to," she instructs me softly.

"Mama, I don't like it," I choke out. I don't even realize I'm crying until my mom starts to wipe my tears.

"I know, detka, I know. If I could make it stop, I would."

A little while later, but what feels like hours, I finally stop gagging and lay back in bed, placing my head on mom's chest. The sound of her heartbeat has always been a big comfort to me.

"Honey, I have some anti-nausea medicine in my bathroom. If you're not sick within the next twenty minutes, I'll get you some, okay?" she tells me.

"Why so long?" I ask in a whiney voice. Being sick really does bring out my childish side.

Mama lets out a small chuckle at my silliness and starts stroking my hair after noting my irritation at the situation.

"Because if I give it to you now and you're sick again in a minute, it'll just come back up and won't help at all."

Unsatisfied with that answer, I move further into her side, so much that I'm practically on top of her now.

-

NATASHA'S POV

I wake up to the sound of someone snoring lightly and I attempt to lift myself up from where I'm laying, only to realize that there's something weighing me down. I drop my head to look at my stomach, seeing my girl laying on top of me and her hand intertwined with mine.

I smile softly to myself before remembering the events of last night. Y/N waking up from her mid-evening nap and being sick. My poor baby. She hates throwing up so much. I'm just happy that I was here to take care of her. No matter how old she gets, she'll always be my little girl. I move to place a hand on the back of her neck to feel if her temperature has gone down and much to my delight, it has.

I stay in bed with her a little while longer, just mindlessly scrolling through Instagram and running my hand through her hair.

"Mama?" I hear my daughter say in a hushed tone.

"Morning, sweetheart. How do you feel this morning?" I ask gently, still running my fingers through her hair.

"Better," she replies. "I think those anti-nausea meds helped."

"That's good, darling."

"Don't you have work today?" she looks up at me to ask.

"No. I took the day off to take care of you," I explain to her.

"Mama, I'm an adult. I don't need to be taken care of."

"Yes you do, silly. Everyone needs to be taken care of, regardless of their age."

And with that, Y/N drifts back off to sleep again.

"I'll always look after you, my love."

-

fun fact, one time i was in a&e because i was really sick and my mum kept telling me to hurry up so we could leave since she didn't want to be there 🤠

also i hate being a woman i'm in so much pain rn